New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Winchester catalog
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Our local dealer has the new Winchester catalog and it shows the new W 70.
Catalog does not show any rifles in left hand or in any caliber above 325 WSM.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Does that mean that the value of my controled feed 375 H&H just increased? Big Grin

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will the winchester 94 be made again? nilly

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It wasnt (94) listed in the catalog.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doug...not by a long shot. I would bet that by the 2009 shot show they are back to a full range of rifles...and very likely at a better quality for near the same price they were. I am looking forward to getting a Safari Classic in 416 Rem Mag to go with the one I already have in 375 H&H, which I bought just before the mark-ups started...like new for a whole $750 shipped ...on gunbroker yet. I just hope the weiners that have them hoarded wanting to make a killing on them get caught with their pants down.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
man this is worse than christmas eve when i was a kid i can't wait i wnat on NOW!!!!! nilly

still can't make up my mind on what firearm I will buy next

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
If the 'weiners' bought them right-- all they will do is start shooting them. It will be no skin off them.

Posts: 5697 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodrow S:
Doug...not by a long shot. I would bet that by the 2009 shot show they are back to a full range of rifles...and very likely at a better quality for near the same price they were. I am looking forward to getting a Safari Classic in 416 Rem Mag to go with the one I already have in 375 H&H, which I bought just before the mark-ups started...like new for a whole $750 shipped ...on gunbroker yet. I just hope the weiners that have them hoarded wanting to make a killing on them get caught with their pants down.

Godbless America and free enterprise. No one forced anyone to buy anything they didnt want. And if they did buy it they obviously thought it was worth the money.

one of us
posted Hide Post
As one of the weiners I still think I did OK. I got a couple, 30-06 and 7mm rem mag, for 399 each at the local wally world, including scope. They are not high end custom rifles but may be someday. I expect they were some of the last to roll off the assembly line in New Haven. I suspect the quality control on these is not like it will be on the 1200 dollar New Model 70's but again I got two for 800 including scopes. Time will tell. If I never sell them I guess there will be no profit. Good hunting

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote