Find
Notify
Tools

pre-64 300H&H
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted
Hey guys, need some assistance. A friend of mine has a pre-64 300H&H he is wanting to sell. The original stock was damaged and he has another, but it needs a lot of work to be completed. The barreled action is in good shape so I would like to know a ball park value of the barreled action. I would probably just have it restocked later. Any idea of the value? Thanks.

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought one month ago sight unseen for $775 and would have bought more if he had them at that price.

If it is original, no extra holes or rechambered, the barrelled action is worth 800 all day.

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Pre-64 prices fluctuate about like porkbelly futures. I would figure it like this, a used one that's been hunted with in a factory stock depending on condition is worth around $1300-$1800 (to me, I already know the sky is the limit). Try to find out how much it would cost to make this one whole again and what condition it would be in when finished. Then subtract that from the cost of the rifle in it's current state and that's what I would offer.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help guys. I will see what I can do.

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Based on my shopping around, I would say between $800 to $1000 for the barreled action, depending on condition.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13379 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I pay $700 for magnum barrelled action, $500 for actions..

A complete rifle in mint or near mint condition will bring about $1200 to $1800 asking, and probably sell for $1400 average. Best buys are those that are about 80 to 85% condition.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Atkinson, who sells you pre-64 magnum actions, barreled actions and rifles at those prices - still grieving, cash-starved widows and orphans at estate sales?

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13379 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, +1??

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote