New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to find a 9,3
 Login/Join

<CARR4570>
posted
I just got back from a local gunshop here in the Columbus Ohio area (just moved) and when I inquired about a CZ in 9,3x62 they looked at me as if I were a giant insect. Then they told me that it would be impossible to get one of them. Does anyone know where I might be able to find one? Any help would be nice.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I got mine through a local dealer. I asked him to order one, and about two weeks later it came way up here from Florida. Worth every penny too.

------------------
When in doubt, do a nuclear strike.

Posts: 1723 | Location: wyo | Registered: 03 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Find another gunshop, or search the net. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
<WSJ>
posted
CARR4570:

If the folks at Vance's weren't so interested in demonstrating that they know everything and that you're a know-nothing insect, they might have a clue about where to locate something besides an M-700 270 or a TEC 9. It's a shame they have decent prices; you just have to go there occasionally!

Head up I-71 about an hour and a half to Fin, Feathers, & Fur at Exit 186 (Ashland). They're just off the interstate (to the east), have three times the selection of guns and helpful, knowledgeable staff. They stock CZ's and may even have a 9.3 in stock. And they offer in-store 0% financing for a year. It's a pleasant (and dangerous) place to shop; it's hard for me to leave there without something new. Good luck. -WSJ

<CARR4570>
posted
Thank you very much WSJ! And good job on naming the place too. They were nice enough guys, but I don't think rifles are their forte. I've noticed that problem in a lot of gun shops. I'v even had people go "7x57, whats that?" Thanks very much for the info I will definately follow up on it.

one of us
Picture of Heritage Arms
posted Hide Post
I have found that people do not look out of the box. The 9,3x62mm is a great round and more accurate that a 35 Whelen or the .338-06. The CZ is one of the best rifles you can buy and any gunstore that will not special order the gun is a poor example of the trade. Obvisously you are serious about getting your hands on a 9,3 the gun store did not want to trouble themselves with gaining a new customer. I wish I could afford to do that!

Posts: 1573 | Location: USA, most of the time  | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
<holdson4>
posted
carr4570, both j&g sales, www.jgsales.com
and pdmall (czconnection) carry them at good prices especialy cz conn. go to www.gunbroker.com and there is a link from any of their cz auctions to the site. last i checked the 550 in 9.3x62 was priced at $429.00 for lux,standard, or american models.and add $100 for mannlicher stock on lux. this is 2001 pricing so may be slight increase. if you have any questions about these rifles check out www.czforum.com in the rifles faq section. great site with freindly and helpfull folks.

good luck on your purchase, saving for a 550 lux in same caliber myself.

<holdson4>
posted
here is the direct link to cz connection,pricing is still 429.00
http://www.pdmall.com/CZC/rifles~3.htm