New
Find
Notify
Tools

Merkel KR1 ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have any experince with these rifle?
saw one a gun shop this week, want to know if they are as good as they look., thanks, ron

Posts: 233 | Location: hickadory, alabama USA | Registered: 28 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Me too. I lean more towards a traditional bolt gun, but really like the looks of the KR-1. Lots of people have them on sale now.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of f224
posted Hide Post
I have a Blaser K-95 Stutzen, it is the full stocked version. The Merkel is a bit more traditional looking but seems to be every bit as good as my K-95. My friend, recently passed away, Eric Ching, had a Merkel and loved it.

If you buy it right, they are a fine quality rifle and I'm sure you will be happy with it.

Captain Dave Funk
Operator
www.BlaserPro.com

Posts: 839 | Location: Dallas, Iowa, USA | Registered: 05 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bought one from cabelas and owned it for the afternoon. I ended up giving it back because I bought a 470 instead, but the completely open action on these rifles is purdy dang smooth. I think they are good looking, and from what Ive heard, they shoot straight. The cal I was going to buy was in a 9.3X62. It handled quite well, had a 3.5X10 scope on it and it still didn't weigh much at all. All and all, not a bad rifle, but is it worth the cash, that I can't tell you.

"Sometimes nothing can be a pretty cool hand."

470 Heym; 9.3x74r Chapuis, Heym 450/400 on it's way

Posts: 653 | Location: austin, texas | Registered: 23 July 2007Reply With Quote