Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

30-378
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone have any experience loading the 30-378. If so, could you pass along what you've learned.
Thanks,
Diesel

one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
Buddy at work has what he calls "the big gun", cant remember what he used to use in it for powder since someone borrowed his dies and never returned them, so he hasnt loaded for it in awhile, but id suggest getting some RETUMBO and a good, premium 180 grain bullet, 215 primers and stuff upwards of 113 grains in it and go shooting, thats the max load, btw. Jay

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I make loads for my Dad’s 30-378. I was using 180 grn Barnes with 105 grns of RL 25. He took it elk hunting and all bullets went straight through an elk at 350 yards. The exit wounds were about the same size as the entry hole. (He did get his elk so they did work) Now I only make him 180 grn Sciroccos with 100 grns of RL 25. (I personally like Scircoccos for the large exit wound) The gun is super fast and will work perfect at +400 yards.

I started out using RL 22 but had a few problems with loads on a hot day. Becarefull, it uses a lot of powder.

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote