Find
Notify
Tools

Call Winchester!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted
If you love Model 70s and Model 94s like I do, as they are my favorite bolt action, and lever actions...call Winchester at 800-333-3288 and let them know...

Winchester has done a poor job of getting out public information on the closing of the New Haven plant...

however on a whim I called their contact line, buried on their web page... my mission was a single statement... YOU guys need to start making the model 70s and Model 94s again...

What I was told was....

1. the reason that they are not being made right now, is that when New Haven closed there was an agreement, that the firearms made there would not be manufactured for 2 years.....

2. Winchester receives lots of calls to have the two Models made once again...

3. From consumer response, the management wants to start making the two models once again, once the 2 year moretorium is over with....to comply with the legally binding agreement..

4. Repair and parts are still just as available as always for both the Model 70s and Model 94s.. in fact you can get a Model 70 or Model 94 barrel replacement BY Winchester right now...

their legal agreement during closure time, did not include not repairing or servicing customers existing firearms...

I guess they are just marking time right now, until they can get the Model 70s and 94s back active on their product lines...

they are aware of consumer popularity.... and this won't be the first time LAWYERS have screwed up something for the rest of us...

But the customer service rep ended the call with, that "give us one more year...then you and a lot of other customers should be happy campers once again...."

this word needs to get out, since it is evident that Winchester itself is bound not to make such info public, courtesy of some ( probably anti gun) attorney somewhere!

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
"this won't be the first time LAWYERS have screwed up something for the rest of us.."

How do you figure "lawyers" caused Winchesters demise? If the do come back, I hope they are made in Japan. Maybe then we could get some quality from Winchester.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's good news Seafire2!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip

Posts: 146 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Siam_Krag
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Winchester is going to go overseas to make the model 70, and 94. I for one will not support Winchester ever again for there compliance in the selling out of The United States!!!!!!

Posts: 169 | Location: Santa Cruz, California | Registered: 11 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look at the actions on the new FN target/varmint/tactical rifles and tell me they are not Winchester CRF actions. They most certainly are! So yes, I am sure they are going to come back into a regular line again.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote