New
Find
Notify
Tools

terminal bullet testing report
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
a while back i saw a link on here, where i think the military tested the Sierra match king bullets for terminal performance. a very good read with many pictures. i can't find it and was hoping someone could help me locate it. thanks.

Posts: 42 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps you are remembering Gary Sciuchetti's Bullet Test. It is the very best Bullet test I've seen outside the military.

If that is it, you can contact Mr. Sciuchetti through gsciuchetti@yahoo.com about getting a full size poster of the Test. It was $15 (which included Shipping) when I got mine.

Good Hunting and clean 1-shot Kills.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that certainly is a great test but not the one i'm looking for. i'm pretty sure it was a military test and concentrated on Sierra match kings. thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hot Core ----- Did the test include North Fork bullets. If it did I will be interested. wave Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2348 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
pretty interesting results with the hornady BTSP and the silvertips at average 308 velocity.
looks like both of those "non-premium" bullets worked great in the test.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.tacticalforums.com/cgi-bin/tacticalubb/ultim..._topic;f=78;t=001277

OK, i finally found the test. sorry, not a military test but a very good read.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phurley5:
Hot Core ----- Did the test include North Fork bullets. If it did I will be interested. wave Good shooting.
No, I believe it was done prior to Northfork Bullets hitting the market. I just looked on my chart and do not see a date.

But, you already know how they work. Wink

Good Hunting and clean 1-shot Kills.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote