Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 6.5 swede
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted
I have been contemplating a 6.5 swede for a while now and it looks like the $$ might be falling into place. I know options are limited in the US to Tikka and CZ. I think I am leaning towards the CZ becasue it has a slightly longer barrel which I like. I would appreciate anyones input who has these guns in the swede.

thanks

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2578 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got one. It is very accurate with every load I've tried. I did put a mcmillan stock on it as it fits me better.
Dan

one of us
posted Hide Post
this season(less than 48 hrs from now) i'm using my cz550 american and my son is using his cz 550 fullstock, both in 6.5x55. our favorite cartridge and rifle. we shoot a 129 grn hornady at about 2750 in the american and a little less in the fullstock. i don't think you'll be disappointed.

blaming guns for crime is like blaming silverware for rosie o'donnell being fat

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have used my 550 American the last two years on Wyoming Antelope. Used 120 grain Ballistic Tips last year, 129 Hornady's this year. Both loads are very accurate, as has been most everything I have tried. Also have a '98 Mauser in 6.5x55. Good caliber, and the CZ is a nice rifle. The 6.5 has replaced the .25-06 as my go to rifle.

Posts: 326 | Location: Mabank, TX | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BlackHawk1
posted Hide Post
I have the fullstock carbine version in 6.5x55 and it's a great piece of kit. Great cartridge, great gun...get one.

BH1

There are no flies on 6.5s!

Posts: 707 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 23 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you like wood and blue metal then the CZ is a good choice, if you like S/S and plastic then the Tikka is a good choice.
The Tikka is a light weight rifle which might be something for you to consider.
My Tikka T3 Light in 6.5x55 is an accurate out of the box rifle.
Many people report the same for the CZ

Posts: 1374 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
All great feedback, thanks

I am more of a blue and wood person, plus I tend to like the balance and feel of a full size, slightly heavier gun. I like the looks of the tika ss, but lightweight guns are a little harder for me to accurately shoot.

thanks again.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2578 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
most rifles built now are either short action or long action and either the swede is too long for the action or doesnt make efficiant use of the entire action length.
i'd choose the 260 remington if i wanted a short rifle and an old standby like a 270 winchester if i wanted a long action.
when you shoot out the 270 or get tired of it rebbl it to 6.5-06.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote