Find
Notify
Tools

R-8 question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can an R8 Blaser in .338 win mag be changed over to a .257 Wearherby
With only a barrel swap. If so who has a barrel and scope mount for sale.

Posts: 84 | Location: Bellville, Texas | Registered: 21 April 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, both use the same bolthead (MA). The only other consideration is that the barrels both be the same diameter, 17mm (regular, 19mm (semi-Wt), or target/safari (21-22mm).

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine is the syntherTic stocked version. Savanna I believe. Told only barrels up to .375 without opening channel. I will mic it before I buy a new barrel. Thank you for the reply. I talked to you at SCI or DSC when I bought this rifle in.338 win mag. It took several animals up to sable, roan, and eland in the Selous. It was awesome and loved the trigger pull. Just looking to get more use out of it.

Posts: 84 | Location: Bellville, Texas | Registered: 21 April 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't worry about measuring the barrel. If it's a safari or target barrel, you'd notice the difference immediately. Plus they're much more expensive. I'll look around and see if anyonme had a 257 Wby barrel they want to sell.

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote