THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Kimber of Oregon M98 on BRNO action?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber of Oregon M98 on BRNO action?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Col K
posted
I just aquired a Kimber of oregon M98 in .270 Winchester. It mounts a 24" SS fluted barrel on a BRNO action. I have a Kimber M96 on a Carl Gustave (6.5x55) and it shoots wonderfully. Does anyone have any info on the BRNO models? All info I have on Kimber M98s say they also used Carl Gustave actions. Any info on any aspect of this rifle would be appreciated, thanks.

Posts: 350 | Location: GA by way of PA, OH, KY, TX, VA, and NC | Registered: 10 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Probably a VZ-24 action, but that is just a wild guess on my part.

You wouldn't happen to have a picture you could share would you? I would love to see it.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Col K
posted Hide Post
I'll work on a photo.

Posts: 350 | Location: GA by way of PA, OH, KY, TX, VA, and NC | Registered: 10 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of weagle
posted Hide Post
I bought a couple of them when they were selling for about $325 retail. They were a heck of a deal. The one I had with the stainless fluted barrel was on a VZ-24 action.

Weagle

Posts: 737 | Location: atlanta ga | Registered: 11 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one also, a .270. It is one of the most accurate rifles I've owned. It is a BRNO CZ-24. Wish I knew who made the barrel.

My only complaint is weight. It is heavy. Probably why it shoots so well.

I've put a speed lock on it, and an aftermarket trigger. Anything that shoots that well deserves it.

(the speedlock has caused a heavy bolt lift)

Mike