Find
Notify
Tools

CZ ZKK 600
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Johanv
posted
I’ve got an option on one of these in .270 win.
at a very good price. What are they like as far as accuracy and reliability goes?

Cheers
Johan

Posts: 160 | Location: Johannesburg- South Africa | Registered: 27 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Must be a Magnum

Posts: 6380 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Johanv
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys, ZKK !!!!!!

Posts: 160 | Location: Johannesburg- South Africa | Registered: 27 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Johan, the ZKK series (600 standard action i.e 7x57 and .30-06 family, 601 short action .223-308 and 602 mag action belted cases, although ideally too long for the 7mmRM and .300win) were a while ago one of the biggest sellers in SA and are probably one of the most ubiquitous average hunters rifles in SA, there are heaps of them around.

They enjoy a reputation for good reliability, strength and accuracy. You hear of some of the 602's having feeding problems under rapid cycling but this no concern of yours with your .270. Its a great rifle.

The safety on them works 'backwards' i.e. forward for safe and backwards for fire which is in reverse compared to most rifles....no big deal for 99% of hunters!

If the price is good I would way rather buy this than other affordable rifles like a Zastava....
I know 2 hunters who used the ZKK 600 in .270 for many years from springbok to wildebees and were very happy...

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Johanv
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kayaker,

A friend of mine is leaving for Australia,
R1000-00 plus Tasco world class 3-9x40 scope. Has some wear but in good condition overall! I thought that might be a bargain? For those of you around the world that is about $150-00.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ummm ... for $150, what are you worried about. Buy the damn thing!!!
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Johanv
posted Hide Post
The problem here in SA is optaining a licence, don't want to go through all the hassle (could take up to 18 months) for a dud!
Cheers

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
richj, you ain't right.

Too funny

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote