THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    9.3x70 Expert Magnum PICTURES ADDED!!!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9.3x70 Expert Magnum PICTURES ADDED!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Nothing like dragging up the past! LOL

Does anyone have proper head-stamped case or loaded round for sale, trade, or gift?

I think this will also be done on a Montana M1999 but the long action obviously.

Lothar barrel.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will mail one out on Monday.

Did you get the drawing?

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lawndart:
I will mail one out on Monday.

Did you get the drawing?

Good friend I got the drawing [greatly appreciated, and made my lust for this caliber worse!] and figured you had few so none to spare, so no pressure, just a looking for the centerpiece to the wedding for the build.

I do not know why I got all spooled up again on this build but I am....

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Case sent today Cool

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Lawndart,

Did you ever build the rifle?

How did it go?

I am chock full of projects, but I was thinking about rebarrelling a 375 H&H CZ 550 or Brno 602.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine is finally in the hopper. A couple other builds took a loooong time.

I will trade out the stock for a McMillan Sako Hunter style to fit my long neck. Can hardly wait.

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
dammit i am jealous as hell!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am chock full of projects, but I was thinking about rebarrelling a 375 H&H CZ 550 or Brno 602.

Unless you have a spare CZ lying around, you might be happier with model 70 or Mauser 1898. Those actions would give you a trimmer and more balanced rifle. Just a thought.

You know the old saying about there being nothing new under the sun? In the 1920s DWM tried to create a line of cartridges based on the .404 Jeffery necked down to 7.62", 8mm, and 9.3mm. (sound familiar?) Because there were not slow enough powders at the time, only the 9.3mm model made it through the test phase.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

When you get your case, polish it up a bit and take a picture next to a 30-06 Springfield case.

Thanks!

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

When you get your case, polish it up a bit and take a picture next to a 30-06 Springfield case.

Thanks!

I sure will! THANK YOU!

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thanks!

That is a magnificent case!

Big long love the taper and neck....just looks balanced and BADASS!

Will post tomorrow hopefully!

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Super overcast today so sorry for dull pictures

There is a .308 Winchester, a 8x57 Mauser, and 30'06 Springfield, and .338 Winchester Magnum, BUT the biggest one is the 9,3x70mm from EXPERT. It is AMAZING to look and handle.

Makes the 338 Win Mag look minute, and not the North American thumper it is!

THANK YOU LAWNDART! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! That is impressive! If you look at it without the others, it looks like a 270. We all know that is slick feeding and quick killing. Fine "pedigree". I'd be tempted to get one.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Makes the 338 Win Mag look minute, and not the North American thumper it is!

I'll lend you the reamer when it is time.

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I'm sure we will hear how it is rendered obsolete by the .375 Ruger. sofa

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually, a good way to improve the 375 Ruger round is championed by "Tom in Wyoming".

He necked the .375 Ruger down to 9.3mm. He calls the creation the 9.3 Newton. The 9.3 Newton burns faster powder than the 9.3x70 (e.g. 4350 versus 4831).

The 9.3 Newton is a good conversion if you have a standard, 30-06 length magnum action.

Just a little food for thought.

One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
LD - you're back! Good to hear from you - I wondered if you'd augered in! Eeker

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
LD - you're back! Good to hear from you - I wondered if you'd augered in!

Great to see you as well. I pulled up just before impact. I hope to hang on several more years - I just try to stay on step ahead with the chemo Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://jamesdjulia.com/item/3320-358/

The original 9,3x70 was sold recently again .

was mr Rigby before a pc crash

Posts: 158 | Location: Kristiansand, Norway | Registered: 05 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PerH:
http://jamesdjulia.com/item/3320-358/

The original 9,3x70 was sold recently again .

http://jamesdjulia.com/wp-cont...images/lrg/51042.jpg

it was the rifle of Goering. I think it was made for Rominten and the big stags and boars and Visent. Anyway. Rifle is a fascinating model, of which it will cost a fortune to duplicate today. The cheekpiece is a German concept and patent.

Posts: 158 | Location: Kristiansand, Norway | Registered: 05 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damnation!!! I may have to jump on this bandwagon!
Why can't I stop being a gunaholic???!!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
I love ths 3ad, I remember a German Catalog, made a search and found it, Johannsen I think that he has Ammp, cases and build rifles........but I think that he is expensive.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think a big Brno and a .404 case is cheaper to go . Spare the expenses on custom cases . Or re alter the siffer on the bottom for them.