New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best premium soft point
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Wondering what everyone favorite premium soft point was for everything from deer on up. Looking at reloading for a few more of my calibers and not sure what to go with

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
For all around non-dangerous game, it is hard to beat the Nosler Accubond. For the African heavies like Buff, I use a Swift A-frame.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lee440:
For all around non-dangerous game, it is hard to beat the Nosler Accubond. For the African heavies like Buff, I use a Swift A-frame.

Hows the accubond hold up compared to the partitions? Ive heard it tended to be soft

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My favorite is The Accubond.

Game killed:
440 pound field dressed weight Red Stag. First shot on the heart breaking the bone that connects to the leg which was pulled back. The offside leg was broken as well. The bullet just under the hide. Second shot as he turned right into the ball joint of the left hip. The bullet made through the diaphragm, but not through one lung.

200 pound Whitetail buck pre gutted weight on the point of the shoulder-blade the range was 245 yards on the Range Finder. The bullet exited;

100 pound doe through the center of the heart and center of both shoulder blades both shots exited;

2 100 pound boars one shot through the base of the hip. It ripped open the on side flank and exited the throat. His twin brother stopped and was shot through the spine while he stood angling away. This also exited.

105 pound field dress weight doe shot right dead center between the eyes at 115 yards. This one exited;

210 pre gutted Fallow buck shot in the top of the lungs missing the spine/shoulderblade. Exit blood everywhere;

142 skinned and gutted weight Whitetail shot right in the center of the heart. Exit blood everywhere;

30 pound suckling pig/boar center of the shoulderblades exit;

100 pound Mufloun heart exit, blood everywhere;

Another 200 pound live weight Fallow. First shot back in the guts which exited second shot centered the shoulderblades, sticking against the offside hide and down.

I fully believe that weight to caliber they are the equal of the partition.

Now the pure toughest I use are Triple Shocks in my 500 Nitro. I do not see the need of anything stronger than the accubond on elk on down. Others may, do, and certainly not wrong to differ.

All the above were killed with either 270 Win 140 grain Accubond or 7mm STW 160 grain Accubond.

Posts: 10828 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
My favorite is The Accubond.

Game killed:
440 pound field dressed weight Red Stag. First shot on the heart breaking the bone that connects to the leg which was pulled back. The offside leg was broken as well. The bullet just under the hide. Second shot as he turned right into the ball joint of the left hip. The bullet made through the diaphragm, but not through one lung.

200 pound Whitetail buck pre gutted weight on the point of the shoulder-blade the range was 245 yards on the Range Finder. The bullet exited;

100 pound doe through the center of the heart and center of both shoulder blades p, but shots exited;

2 100 pound boars one shot through the base of the hip. It ripped open the on side flank and exited the throat. His twin brother stopped and was shot through the spine while he stood angling away. This also exited.

105 pound field dress weight doe shot right dead center between the eyes at 115 yards. This one exited;

210 pre gutted Fallow buck shot in the top of the lungs missing the spine/shoulderblade. Exit blood everywhere;

142 skinned and gutted shot right in the center of the heart. Exit blood everywhere;

30 pound suckling pig/boar center of the shoulderblades exit;

100 pound Mufloun heart exit, blood everywhere;

Another 200 pound live weight Fallow. First shot back in the guts which exited second shot centered the shoulderblades, sticking against the offside hide and down.

I fully believe that weight to caliber they are the equal of the partition.

Now the pure toughest I use are Triple Shocks in my 500 Nitro. I do not see the need of anything stronger than the accubond on elk on down. Others may, do, and certainly not wrong to differ.

All the above were killed with either 270 Win 140 grain Accubond or 7mm STW 160 grain Accubond.

Only premium bullets ive used is 1 250gr partition on my bull elk this year, 1 300gr tsx on a caribou, 1 162gr eldx on another caribou and 1 500gr woodleigh on my interior grizzly. No recovered bullets

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try both Accubond and Partition in your rifle. Pick the one that shoots best.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.

Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Posts: 697 | Location: Dublin, Georgia | Registered: 19 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 44magLeo
posted Hide Post
I've had pretty good results using Hornady GMX's in my 250 Savage and my 7x57 and 280 Remmie.
I have some Of Hornady Interbonds but have not shot them much yet.
Leo

The only way to know if you can do a thing is to do it.

Posts: 316 | Location: Lebanon NY | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Accubonds are tough enough...what are you planning on shooting if its deer and antelope pick whatever bullet is the most accurate.

If its elk, moose , or larger pigs a premium might be warranted.

Mike

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10055 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interlocks are not my favorite. However, I have used the 270 grain 375 interlock in my 375 Ruger. I used it on a truly big boar in Austria. Shot theorugh the heart. Massive exit wound taking chunks of bone out the exit wound.

I also shot an elk through the neck with that load and rifle. This exited.

If I use the partition in 35 Whelen it is because they only make The Accubond in 225grain. But I am seriously starting to like the 225 Accubond in my 35 Whelen.

Posts: 10828 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The absolute best bullet for any game anywhere is, or was the Northfork. The soft has a bonded core front section and a solid shank making it by far the toughest and for all my rifles the most accurate. I say was because they shut the doors. I managed to have 40 plus box’s on my shelves so me and mine will shoot them for several years yet, then the Nosler Partition or Accubond. Good Shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2348 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Favorite and Best are not always the same.
But today we have so many really top notch Bullets that it is difficult to choose a bad one.
Just inappropriate useage.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4194 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phurley5:
The absolute best bullet for any game anywhere is, or was the Northfork. The soft has a bonded core front section and a solid shank making it by far the toughest and for all my rifles the most accurate. I say was because they shut the doors. I managed to have 40 plus box’s on my shelves so me and mine will shoot them for several years yet, then the Nosler Partition or Accubond. Good Shooting.

They will be back. Just brought in from the new manufacturer in Sweden.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Federal says you can buy the Trophy Bonded and Tipped Trophy Bonded bullet now as a component. It is a soild shank bullet with a little lead core. It should be stronger than the accubond or partition. I have never seen them for sale.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Federal says you can buy the Trophy Bonded and Tipped Trophy Bonded bullet now as a component. It is a soild shank bullet with a little lead core. It should be stronger than the accubond or partition. I have never seen them for sale.

I've been buying them for a couple years from Midway, Tipped Trophy Bonded .308" 165 grain. In my tests they mushroom like a magazine advertisement and they penetrate deep and retain a lot of weight.
I don't have any definitive "on game" results to share but they will probably exit from every angle.

For most Deer, Elk, Antelope, Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goat hunting I've not really needed a premium bullet Sierra's have done very well.
I have tried Accubonds and they work well and I can't get Partitions to shoot accurate enough for my tastes in ANY rifle so I won't be using them.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ALF:
I'm curious

How do we rate "best" in a soft point ?
What attributes would classify SP bullet to be classed as "best" ?

Reliable expansion, weight retention, penetration and ability to hold together incase of large bones being hit, all while shooting accurately out to say 400yds

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've killed tons of stuff with 140 grain Accubonds out of my .280 AI and never had one come apart. They expand nicely and penetrate deep. I commented to a Nosler rep once that they've made the Partition obsolete, and the rep said that their testing had shown as much, but some people just don't trust tipped bullets.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For over .338, I use TSX.

For .338 down to 6mm I use a partition type bullet. A frames by preference, but a few rifles like the Nosler one better, and one prefers TTSX bullets.

I had a few bad experiences with a hunting weight Ballistic Tip, so I have been reluctant to use the Accubond due to its superficial resemblance on high buck hunts, but it hasn't caused me any problems on deer sized animals.

I tend to want to use the deepest penetrating choice I have that is the most accurate in that rifle, with penetration being the stronger component- I will not use Berger hunting bullets on anything I want to eat.

I've also heard the same thing about the accubond making the partition obsolete... from the same rep that told me what the ballistic tips did was, a, not possible, and b, not a failure; so I tend to take what the nosler reps say with a bag of salt.

That being said, I have been using them in .30 caliber a bit, and have been using more than a few Accubond LR's, but haven't used them on live targets much.

I loved the old Fail Safe bullets, and like the Trophy bonded bear claws, but finding them can be a chore. To me, the Trophy Tipped are basically a tipped version of the Bearclaw, and if I could find them, I would probably give them a try.

Fundamentally, if you shoot enough of something, you will have a bad experience eventually. If it happens before you have enough experience with the bullet or it is really problematic, you decide the bullet is crap... not a valid sample size in my case with the Nosler products, but it is what it is. Too many good choices to double down on a bad experience.

Posts: 10597 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:
Favorite and Best are not always the same.

Your right! My favorite isn't necessarily the best.

My favorite soft is a heavy for caliber Sierra Game King - Very accurate, great BC for range, expand at range and will break rib bones in/out. Like'em in 25/06, 270 7.5 and 30-06.

But tougher the game gets, I'll switch to 200 partitions beginning with 8mm. Use 286 partitions in 9.3x62 (have some 300 Swift-As for 9.3 but haven't found the beast yet that can stop the 286 NPTs so haven't opened those boxes). For 458, I do use the 450 Swift-As because they will shoot to the same POI as my 450 Barnes Solids.

PS: Anyone want to swap some bullets for those 300 Swift-As in 9.3?

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hyak

Swift A Frame, Nosler Partition or ACB, Barnes TSX or TSX. These have all worked well for me on all types of big game. Use the one that shoots the best in your rifle and you'll be happy.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not shot anything with Accubond LR. And I do not think I will. I like the idea of a 168 .284 Nosler Accubond for my 7mm STW. However, the jacket on the LR is very thin.

The only game I have killed with the Ballistic Tip was with a 7mm/08. It was a two year old Whitetail buck shot at less than 10 yards. I shot him in the neck about 4 inches down from he chin. I must have centered the jugular. The bullet exited blowing the jugular all over the higheall he stood adjacent to.

The load was starting out at only 2800 fps.

I loved it. I would use it if I were to go deer hunting with the 7mm/08. Out of an abundance of caution, I switched to the Accubond when I went across the pond. See above and have had no need to move.

I do think a Trophy Bonded would have exited on that Red Deer, but that is purely academic.

I do think the Accubond and Partition work best above deer with traditional/heavier bullet weights.

140 270
160 .284/7mm
180/200 .308
250/225 .338

My Father in Law and dad’s favorite bullet was the Fail Safe. I wish they still made that bullet. I have a couple of boxes left in 338 WM, but just can’t bring myself to use them.

I do have some 275 grain Woodleighs coming for my 35 Whelen only bc Nosler does not make that weight. At the moderate velocity the Whelen produces with that weight 2300-2400 depending on who you ask, I think the 280 grain A-Frame maybe a bit too tough. SureFire on here has proven the 35 Whelen 280 grain A Frame is pure poison on Moose.

I do not consider the Ballistic Tip a premium bullet.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Alf,
You should know the answer to how we rate SP??

Its a bullet that expands to 40 or 50 caliber shredding chards throughout the animals body and has the ability to completely penetrate Hippos, Buffalo and such, get with the program bub! beer

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Many here list bullets like Barnes , CEB's etc etc but to be clear these are not SP's they are "Frangible solids" albeit partially frangible solids From a definition perspective a SP bullet is a bullet that undergoes plastic deformation to a point and then penetrates in that deformed state.

I'm fine with a bullet that does this every time all the time.
preferably all the way to the dirt behind the animal.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, elephant cannot run on three legs. So, if.if your expanding bullet can break the leg you will have the opportunity to kill that elephant. For elephant an expending bullet able to break the femur or reach the brain from the front with the elephant’s head up is best.

That same bullet may not be best for deer, but put it in the heart and the end is final.

Note as we all on here know there is not an expanding bullet professional hunters believe will reach the brain or break the femur of an elephant with the required reliability to recommend any expanding bullet on the market.

This is not as hard as you are making it out. I often agree with you. Not this time.

Best reaches the vitals from any angle the shooter believes he can get to the vitals, expands, and maintains the weight the shooter believes is sufficient.

Some will demand exits on more or less boardside shots. Some will prefer them, but to demand them. I prefer them p, but as long as the bullet is on the offside and retains at least high 70 percent of original weight I am happy. Those ar my criteria.

I demand exits on deer game 210 live weight or so. The Accubond has given that.

I have only recovered 2 Accubonds. I am more than pleased/satisfied.

One can have their own criteria. Said criteria could be better more empirical than mine. I do not care just hunt with what you want and kill game more or less quickly.

My heaviest buck was killed with a plane jane 165 Corelockt. It did not exit. It did not retain 70 plus percent of its weight. In fact, it came apart. But the buck fell straight down. My second best buck was with an interlock. Held together better than corelockt, but did come apart and did not exit. Not my favorite and for me not the best.

If you call them expanding bullets or soft points to mean all bullets designed to mushroom/crush and spread apart at the noise what difference does it make.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Heym,
I can't altogether disagree with your post, that's about the size of it..I might add Ive killed a lot of PG with solids and buffalo and Hippo with softs..If your blowing up Rem corelokts and Hornady you pushing them too fast I suspect..

And your correct in that a bullet need not blow out an exit hole, but it certainly doesn't hurt a thing, either way works, but I like an exit because it always leaves a better blood trail than a beast trickling blood out his nose without an exit hole..most of the time I will add..No guarentees in bullet performance or game kills..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
TTSX.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those two bucks were killed within single digit feet of the muzzle with the Corelockt and Interlock. No doubt the velocity caused the Corelockt to go shrapnel.

But with a very similar shot the Accubond and Ballistic Tip exited.

I purposefully slows down the 7mm/08 load to make it a little less violent in expansion.

Most of my home deer hunting is down on overgrown reclaim. I set up on a rub line and killed at most 15 yards away. Out on our W. KY lease the shots average 240.my longest was 245 last year.

In Europe shots have been from 25 to 120.

I shot three bucks with the 165 grain Corelockt before moving on. None exited and only the one went pipe bomb.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sir:

I think I understand what you are reporting. I do not disagree with it. I simply do not see it as being important.

My point is, it does not matter what the wound channel may look like. Few of us ham and eggers in the field let alone a lab can measure wound Channel.

What we can measure is where we hit the animal, roughly how much damage was done, how much weight was retained, how much blood was found on the ground for purposes of easy follow up/recovery.

The rest is not important to us.

The rest may seek to quantify these observations, but it appears to most of us this is a fools errand.

The best test is reactions in live tissue. You may not agree with that bc it is not controlled. But the collective observation of killing in live things is worth more than anyone’s math. That is a conclusory statement , but so be it.

What do you not tell us which expanding bullet you prefer and why? I sincerely would like to know. I know you have seen more bullets through live tissue than I have.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I used 130 grn Sierra Game Kings in my .270 Win until 2008
I used 140 grn Sierra Game Kings in amy 7-08 until 2008
I used 180 grn Sierra Game Kings in my 30-06 until 2008

I switched to Nosler Accubonds after learning on the internet that the bullets I had used since I was a teenager were not good bullets.

Before 2008 I didn't have any problems with Sierra bullets.....NONE
After switching to Accubonds in 2008 I havn't had any problems with those Nosler bullets.....NONE

Looking back I doubt that making that switch resulted in more game recovered.....and am contemplating going back to Sierra

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ALF:
LHeym500

I believe that all bullets have optimal velocity windows where they work their magic ! So depending on what Im shooting I will choose a bullet that fits the velocity window.

For many classics I try and mimic the ballistics look and feel of the old and this is proving to be a challenge as fewer and fewer look alike options are available for some of the calibers.
Never found the old RN Hornady's lacking in the 7x57, 6.5 x 54 and 57 also in 30-06 and 375 H&H
I love Woodleigh bullets !

I just can't get used to say a 7mm Mauser loaded with some sleek plastic tipped new age bullet !

So with this in mind I am a equal opportunity user of most of the usual suspects !

My bullet stash has just about every brand represented including some relics gleaned over years from euro sources.

I have right now perhaps more bullets than I will ever shoot in a lifetime !

Now have I had failures ! Yes on the non premium class the worst of the worst was by far the 300 gr PMP 375 bullet of the 70's ! But then on the other side I have had failures on the premium SN side where the bullets failed to expand properly ! Had a Bison run off after 2 shots to the chest in Montana with the 404 ?

Mr. Alf:

Now you sound like us. Thank you for your observations. Not worth anything, but I agree with them. At the end of the day especially once you get above elk on occayall bets can be off. Thank you.

one of us
posted Hide Post
BaxterB——- Great news, looking forward to hearing from the new guys. I used Northforks in Africa, Alaska, Canada and the US for most hunts that required tough bullets. They are inherently accurate for me. They also seemed faster. Case in point the 130 grain .277 bullet was 100 fps faster for my .270 WSM’s. Good Shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2348 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Non-DG, I like:
Antelope/Deer---Ballistic Silvertips
Larger game---NP

DG, I like: SAF, TBBC & NF.

Posts: 2587 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phurley5:
BaxterB——- Great news, looking forward to hearing from the new guys. I used Northforks in Africa, Alaska, Canada and the US for most hunts that required tough bullets. They are inherently accurate for me. They also seemed faster. Case in point the 130 grain .277 bullet was 100 fps faster for my .270 WSM’s. Good Shooting.

+1 dancing

Wow, great news indeed! Hopefully, they will continue with the 430 gr. 404 Jeffery (.423) bullets.

Posts: 2587 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
There are so many Premium bullets today that I would choose the one that shoots best in each rifle.

Since I have just a couple of deer rifles, I use Accubond & TSX . 7mm08 to 300 meters and 280AI to 350 meters

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Im happy with Accubonds, NOsler partitions, GS customs, Woodleighs, Swift, NOrthforks, and lets not forget the Rem Corelokt, Speer Grand Slams, and a few others...All these bullet work if the shooter has his marbles in a row as to selection in every case...failures this day and time mostly have to do with an uniformed or just plain stupid, poorly advised or inexperienced hunter..Although Ive seen some damn ignorant advise come from PHs and guides in my time, there is good and bad in all walks of life..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
Without doubt, the Woodleigh PP.
I have used them in 375 H&H, 338 WM, 338-06, 35 Whelen, 30-06, 308 Win and 25-06.
On animals ranging from moose, kudu, mountain zebra, black and blue wildebest, to red deer, roe deer, fallow, boar, and the tiny muntjac.
In mye experience they are the best all round game bullets I have tried, all factors taking in to conciederation.

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1877 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
deer size game.? SIERRA SPBT

Posts: 1134 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
An always consider the fact the all bullets are invaribly compared to the Nosler partition, and there is a legetamate reason for that I suspect...

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
Picture of South Pender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arild Iversen:

Do Woodleighs have a bonded core? And are they easily obtainable?

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
- Bertrand Russell

Posts: 163 | Location: Vancouver, BC Canada | Registered: 17 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by South Pender:
quote:
Originally posted by Arild Iversen:

Do Woodleighs have a bonded core? And are they easily obtainable?

Woodleigh PP and WeldCore are both bonded. Midway sells them.

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Whatever shoots best in my rifle! All else being equal, than Nosler Accubond or Partition.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3813 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote