New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pair of Mid-Bores
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Saw these in my safe and thought I'd let them out for some fresh air. Except for a lighter Whitetail rifle, these two handle all my North American hunting pursuits.

One is a Beretta Mato in 338 Win Mag. The Mato was built on a Dakota 97 CRF-designed action. The rifle wears a VX3 2.5-10 scope.

The second is a Weatherby Custom Shop Outfitter rifle in 300 Wby. This is the early version with the Nitrided metalwork, and it wears a Leupold 4.5-14x50.

Posts: 20077 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice hunting rigs, both of them. I especially like that Weatherby. Curious about that front scope base on the Weatherby, does it come back into the center of the ring?
Scott

Posts: 413 | Location: Ridgecrest,Ca | Registered: 02 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's an extension ring for when the distance between the oculars on the scope is too short for the ring span.

Posts: 20077 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man those are sexy oooh weee
I really like the top one but the Weatherby has some cool cool graphics

Posts: 291 | Location: wisconsin  | Registered: 20 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You've got good taste Biebs!

Ed

Posts: 676 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife would disagree :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs,

Whenever your wife says that, just say, "I chose you didn't I? Rocks my wife back.

Posts: 9970 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ive had the same 06 for umpteen years, got it the first year of production I think, cost me $98.00 and some change checkering is worn smooth in a saddle scabbard, metal looks like stainless steel (no blue) its seen the 4 corners of the earth, killed all but Lion, and elephant me thinks, its a piece of crap to look at, but it shoots under and inch with most any load, and shoots all loads to the same exact same POI, hard to find that in rifles, so Ive never traded it off..AND every scratch and ding made a memory and thats the main thing..

The 300 Wby or any 300 magnum is a good choice in itself, it covers all the bases. Ita DEADLY BUYOND ITS PAPER BALISTICS..
The 338 is repetition sorta, but a damn good option and one of my all time favorites..

YOU DONE WELL PILGRIM!!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41783 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote