Notify
Tools

I hate you Biebs
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted

I want one!

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know Biebs does not have anything like that in his background...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
He lives in New Jersey, I am sure there is a pink velour couch sitting under his trophy room wall.

Surprised by how much better these rifles look in wood.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A Blaser Success, the wood version. Very nice. Shoot me a PM and I'll fix you up :-)

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OUCH shocker barf 2020 Eekermy eyes my eyes faint

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Notice the size of that thumb hole VD? beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Looks like just the ticket for fording Alaskan streams.....

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What the hell is wrong with these new Germans???

And to think these are the same guys who own Mauser...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe you could "settle" on one of these ?

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, N'est-ce pas?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any gun looks better with a wood stock IMHO. For me there are two lasting truths, 1) A woman's boobs should be natural and 2) a gun stock should be wood. The Blazers are fine rifles but I'm just a throw back and like the Mauser actions and the Pre 64 M70.

Posts: 53 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 12 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
Biebs, remember the old saying about leading horses to water... Smiler

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rl anderson:
Any gun looks better with a wood stock IMHO. For me there are two lasting truths, 1) A woman's boobs should be natural and 2) a gun stock should be wood. The Blazers are fine rifles but I'm just a throw back and like the Mauser actions and the Pre 64 M70.

The Blaser in synthetic - the one Biebs has is the perfect blaser - an accurate multi barrel tool.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Maybe you could "settle" on one of these ?

Biebs

Them thar Blizzards rifle'll blow tha bolt clean thru ur head an tha barrels peel back like a nanna peal if'n u ever pull back on tha trigger! Mmmmm Hmmmmm...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Handsome wood on both models shown , I think the thumb hole stocks are neat , they kinda grow on you .

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1291 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So do crabs or so I am told...

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
So many haters. How many of you have actually spent time with the Blaser and have shot one, more than once?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shot quite a few of them and I have also shot several of their latest ideas and newest cartridges at their pad in Namibia that haven't made it to the store shelves yet.

Still have a very hard time warming up to their engineering, operation, and look. And I'm not real happy with what they are doing to their Mauser line either. But I am admittedly old school and believe they got it right the first time in 1935. Why the new Germans decided to redesign what was perfect into the Blaser is an enigma. Then again, why did people believe that pink and green went together in the 1980's and Surströmming tastes good?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's the one I had when they first came out....the Success Leather. It's a synthetic with leather grip inserts. A bit racy looking, but it shoulders and handles very well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
While biebs is content with his Blaser let us who still find a M98 the most attractive repeting boltaction ever made have something to look at. Big Grin

homepage:
http://www.waffen-velser.de/preise_angebote.html

Their custom rifles
http://www.waffen-velser.de/galerie/index.html

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Jens!

Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
blaser factory must be doing very well - i just saw a trainload of stock blanks heading for them they were coming from boise cascade

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually they are quite hit by the russian crisis and the respective export problems of high end rifles.

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Jens, Now that's a rifle.

Posts: 53 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 12 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
I shot quite a few of them and I have also shot several of their latest ideas and newest cartridges at their pad in Namibia that haven't made it to the store shelves yet.

Still have a very hard time warming up to their engineering, operation, and look. And I'm not real happy with what they are doing to their Mauser line either. But I am admittedly old school and believe they got it right the first time in 1935. Why the new Germans decided to redesign what was perfect into the Blaser is an enigma. Then again, why did people believe that pink and green went together in the 1980's and Surströmming tastes good?

I respect your opinion to dislike the Blaser rifle, especially since you've spent time around them. They are certainly not for everyone. I like the Mauser just fine. Actually have an M03 on order. But my primary hunting rifle is still the R93, R8 or K95.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
At least its not a Marlin...

tu2

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I had 1 with 5 barrels all very accurate. Probably the most accurate rifles I've owned. BUT the 223 and comparable size rounds are a waste on that action. one false move and you are fishing for a round between the half (ass) mag and the barrel. Now if they just melded the M66 and the R8 setup...

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jens poulsen:
While biebs is content with his Blaser let us who still find a M98 the most attractive repeting boltaction ever made have something to look at. Big Grin

homepage:

Their custom rifles

Thank you, sir! old

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But DAMN, Jens, that rifle is gorgeous!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just can't handle those Klingon death-ray stocks...

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Antlers:
quote:
Originally posted by jens poulsen:

homepage:

Their custom rifles

Thank you, sir! old

Just about perfect!
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here's the one I had when they first came out....the Success Leather. It's a synthetic with leather grip inserts. A bit racy looking, but it shoulders and handles very well.

I'd rather join PETA, vote for Hillary, and have sex with Janet Reno.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
and have sex with Janet Reno.

Cal, again??? :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
and have sex with Janet Reno.

Cal, again??? :-)

Cal,

You need to come out of the boondocks once in a while! dancing

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of danik
posted Hide Post
@Jens
those Velser rifles look very nice, the prices seem very reasonable (compared to Prechtl for example.
Do you have any practical experiences with them.
Thank you,Daniel

Posts: 18 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 30 September 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of danik
posted Hide Post
the other one really looks like a sado-maso-tool Wink

Posts: 18 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 30 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two R93s and two R8s, plus a bunch of classic turn-bolt guns. The turn bolts are now just eye candy. I hunt with Blasers.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2134 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs,

"A bit racy, but she handles well" might be enough to get me killed since I taught my wife to shoot. I don't even want to see that on an e-mail. :-)

Posts: 9951 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, maybe Cal will be kind enough to share Janet Reno with you :-)