New
Find
Notify
Tools

New CZ
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
CZ 550 in 9.3x62. Just got it. It's really very cool. Ammo coming and will shoot it late week.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice piece. Great photo's too. I've got to get better at taking pics.

I like the lines of the cheekpiece. Let us know how she shoots!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You know I found a French makers's site and they had the most fantastic lines on the stocks of their custom bolt guns. I'll go find it.

I'll give a range report. This is a Homer Simpson bowling ball but I'll be the first to shoot it. Bought her a M70 Classic Safari Express in 375HH and even I felt it was too big for caliber. So she gets this next.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I like the 9.3x62 myself, but I am surprised you did not get one made on a Model 70... stir

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually got a line on one of those too!

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Showbart:
Actually got a line on one of those too!

clap beer clap

Mine's a Model 54. Cool

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Showbart - Looks like you got a fine looking piece there. I have had my CZ550 Full Stock in 9.3 X 62 for nearly a year now and it shoots consistant 3/4 inch groups at a hundred with both the Privi ammo and some 286 Nosler Partition reloads. Really happy with mine. Enjoy!!

Larry Sellers

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's what I ordered, PRVI. Man it's cheap.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had mine about nine months now, and it is a treat to shoot. The PRVI does shoot under an inch for me as well, and the prices are dirt cheap! You can buy their 286gr bullets for about $125 per 500...I can't make cast much cheaper than that.

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Time for PRVI to make all safari loads!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like those full stocked CZ's; the CZ-527's are also nice.

I think the 9.3x62 would be a great moose/bear cartridge.

Posts: 828 | Location: Whitecourt, Alberta | Registered: 10 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Arminius
posted Hide Post
I have the same one. I LOVE it!

The new CZ rings look really good, try to get them!

Now for something serious:

Disassemble the bolt. Unscrew the nut on the Firing pin two turns. Loc tite. Screw in two turns.

Will save you trouble ... that C Clip securing the nut is just for "show"

Have fun, Hermann

formerly, before software update, known as "aHunter", lost 1000 posts in a minute

Posts: 337 | Location: Middle Europe | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thx.

I ordered some Talley rings/bases. Stupid of me, as I was down on CZ at that time, I sold a pair a year ago to mrlexma.