THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    My “perfect” all around rifle
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My “perfect” all around rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The absolute perfect, money is no object rifle for me would be a Rigby Takedown with a .275 Rigby barrel and 9.3x62mm barrel, claw mounts with 2 scopes. Or a takedown with .244 H&H, .300 H&H, .375 H&H and .458 Lott barrels and 4 scopes in QD mounts should cover everything

Posts: 759 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
My perfect rifle for North America is the 68 Rem 700 BDL in 270 Win I gave my son about 7 years ago. 22" barrel shoots 150g Partitions at 3000 fps, accurate as hell (still shoots nickel sized groups). These days I hunt with my CZ 550 in 500 Jeffery which I love, a Rem XCR II in 375 Weatherby, and an old Mark V in 270 Weatherby (which is still trying to make it's way into my heart).

My son with my 270 Win and his first elk (probably number 20 for that rifle).

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4712 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you and your son Chuck.

First Elk. Neither he nor you will ever forget that moment!

Posts: 2581 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
You are so right. I took my son out when he was 15 (he's 41 now) to take his 1st buck with a 7X57 that I built for him + it was an experience that will be remembered in thought/ memory longer than the wall mount.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote