THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Rem 700 ultralight 300 Win.M. home made

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem 700 ultralight 300 Win.M. home made
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted
Because is almost impossible to obtain a ultralight rifle like Mountain Rifles or Rifles Inc etc... in Argentina and a few Rem. Titanium was imported to my country, I decided to make my own ultralight, I hope you like it, is in 300 win.cal., the stock is a HS presicion and the rifle weight; 6 lbs (with scope and mounts) ; Regards Guillermo.
[IMG:left] [/IMG]
[IMG:left][IMG]
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x9/AMESTOY_album/IMG_0023.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i see a couple more ounces.
talley rings and bases.
skeletonize the trigger guard.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
KS is right, but your rig looks good. Nice weight reduction moves to make your own Mtn Rig. thumb

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nicely done! thumb
regards

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i'm sorry, but i don't like what you've done. taking metal out of the sides of a repeater action is not a good thing.you've only got some small pieces of metal between the front and back of the action. the barrel hangs off of the front and the scope is mounted between the 2.if i had to use this action, i would glue a 1 piece base on top to help with rigidity.

not trying to flame here but i really don't like these alterations.

Posts: 42 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Holy Swiss Cheese Batman, that things mostly air. Should be good packin as long as it holds together.

Posts: 558 | Location: Southwest B.C. | Registered: 16 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
May be somebody is asking itself how this Argentine made swiss chesse shot Confused? A Quigley style answer:

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please don't take my post the wrong way. No slam intended. I very much appreciate light guns. Your's looks like it works very well.

Posts: 558 | Location: Southwest B.C. | Registered: 16 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmilerNo, No, dont worry MTM, all my close friends named my rifle in that way its ok thumb, and I really like the cheese too banana!!! if there are anybody that dont like it, only have to look to another side.easy!!!Kind Regards. wave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That bolt doesn't even look safe! I did the same thing to a Remington magazine box though. Mine looks identical.

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm, Very nice machine work! I wouldn't be comfortable milling out the sides of the action or the bolt shroud (solid on remingtons to shield the users face from gas in case of case head rupture). The bolt body rear of the lugs doesn't endure much stress, but the sides of the action rear of the lugs handle quite a bit. Looks like it shoots well enough!

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Hunter1:
That bolt doesn't even look safe! I did the same thing to a Remington magazine box though. Mine looks identical.

quote:
-----------------------------------------------
Hmmmm, Very nice machine work! I wouldn't be comfortable milling out the sides of the action or the bolt shroud (solid on remingtons to shield the users face from gas in case of case head rupture). The bolt body rear of the lugs doesn't endure much stress, but the sides of the action rear of the lugs handle quite a bit. Looks like it shoots well enough!
-----------------------------------------------

Big Bore Boar Hunter and Magnum Hunter1

The bolt on Remingtons S.Steel arent in one piece (like Mauser for example)the bolt head (Carbon steel) and slugs is one piece pinned (has a crossed pin to attach it) to the bolt body (Stainlees steel), only work the bold head and his slugs, the rest of the bolt only is for mecanical work not pressure work, the holes and fluted has any effect on bolt safety (see weatherby, lazzeroni or titanium rifles) ,I see a few day a new bolt with a carbon fiber body and carbon steel head.In the case of shell rupture, the gases pass trought the tiny right receiver hole (on receiver ring) that is very small for such great volumen of hight pressure gases, then the rest of the gases pass trough the receiver and firing pin hole and goes direct to the faces shooter via the bolt body hole and the left "shield", breaking the nut and all the firing pin sistem (this happened usually with the Argentinian Mauser Model 1891 that has not the two holes in the bolt tube like the Model 1909 (DWM), The best Mauser ever made!!!, when there are a primer rupture (by a rust sharpened firing pin) most of the time the firing pin, spring and safety nut unit get inside the shooters face!!!) if the left shield has holes, a lot of gases scaped for this way and other by the magazine follower (I much prefer a lot of gases to my both sides of the rifle than directly to My face!!!). This happen to my in this remington twice (Rupture case) and only take the new when I opened the bolt and see the ruptured shell, Regards Guillermo.