Find
Notify
Tools

Anschütz 1782
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
It seems I am usually out of the loop on new hunting rifles.

Anschütz 1782 is a newer or improved version of the 1782.

You can get it with a two stage trigger or a single stage trigger.

Looks like $3000 in the USA and about $2300 in Europe.

I shot a 1781 a bit in Europe last time, I was impressed with it. Anschütz doesn't make rifles that don't shoot.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A little heavy, not so many caliber choices, no left hand options, price here in Sweden a bit more than a Sako and a little less than a Sauer 202. Looks like a great range of adjustment of the trigger.

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had a look at the catalogue - they look to be a really nice well thought out rifle. Not convinced by magazine. Much prefer fixed and top loadable, but appreciate most these days want a magazine.

Re calibre choice. Yes limited to 243, 6.5cm, 308, 30-06, 8x57 (very pop in germany and europe) and 9.3x62. However these pretty much do cover all the different cartridge requirements.

Yes it would nice have a 270, 7x64, 25-06 etc etc. But frankly no deer, boar, sheep, goat would be able to tell whether it was 140gn 6.5mm, 270, 7mm or 150gn 308 bullet that hit it.

So 243 - smaller deer and vermin.

6.5CM or 308 - all round do it all cartridges

30-06 - the perfect all round cartridge where like the additional power for bigger animals, but what a cartridge that can reach out in mountains etc, but you are happy with a bit more recoil.

8x57 is - wild boar

9.3x62 - effectively a 375 H&H and will do everything a 375 does but with less fuss.

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As for cartridges yes a 8*57 are perfect for wildboar, moose and bear so are 9,3*62 a more popular cal in Sweden. .308w and 3006 are great for all animals in europé and have the biggest option for bullets. 6,5CM are a great round it must be perfect for UK but they left out on 6,5*55 a cartridge what are easyer to find ammo for here in the north. I like to be able to change magazine with a cartridge already in the chamber in my Tikka .308w and i dont need to have any loose cartridges with 3+5 round mag in my pocket. I also have an Anschutz .22wmr which I love but I want a lighter rifle, lefthanded in a cartridge between 6mm CM/6mm Norma XC, 6,5CM or similar to pay what kind of money it must be something special.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agree with you on the 6.5x55, but the big market for rifles is really the US, and there the 6.5CM is very popular. There is nothing much to choose ballistically between the two, in the same way as the 7-08 and 7x57, the CM is loaded to modern pressures for modern guns, whereas the old 6.5x55 or 7x57 can used in rifles well over 100 years old.

Also the 6.5CM has been adopted by military (special forces) and police (i believe) so ammo is and will be readily available. It fits the 308 platforms and is being used in the squad marksman type rifles - less recoil, flatter shooting and more downrange energy than the 308.

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its great with all new 6,5mm bullets. It will probably be outnumbered by the new US army 6,8mm/270.