posted
22 inch Kreiger barrel
NECG sights
English Walnut Blank-from Heritage Walnut
Swarovoski Scope
Winchester M70 Classic short action
Weight- 7lbs 5 oz
Built by Kevin Weaver of Weaverrifles.com
This rifle is even prettier in person, good pictures but you should really handle this rifle to get to know it.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
I could see myself siting under a tree in the field, totally forgetting all about hunting and lewdly fondling that rifle...

Me, it, a bottle of champaign out on the veranda.. watching the sun go down, as we both admire our mutual relationship.... popcorn

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
out standing!

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38452 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They have several similar custom mod 70's at the cabelas here in Austin, but I haven't seen one with wood that's as good looking as it is on your rifle. A very cool rifle. I considered one in a 375 H&H, but decided on saving a buck or many and went with a standard mod 70 375 H&H instead.

One question, why the detachable scope with the 300 wsm, and what do you intend to hunt with it?

"Sometimes nothing can be a pretty cool hand."

470 Heym; 9.3x74r Chapuis, Heym 450/400 on it's way

Posts: 653 | Location: austin, texas | Registered: 23 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks a delightfully nifty,well handling rig.
The mellow reinforce profile & slim forend are a particular appeal.
that weights correct,7lb 5oz scoped??
...tis nice to carry a trim LW on yer shoulder that balances well in yer hand to bring home the bacon. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never mind. Now that I've really looked at the pics, it doesn't seem to have a detachable mount. Sorry, but I am still curious to know what type of game you'll primarily be using it for.

"Sometimes nothing can be a pretty cool hand."

470 Heym; 9.3x74r Chapuis, Heym 450/400 on it's way

Posts: 653 | Location: austin, texas | Registered: 23 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on such a great looking rifle. Such a beautiful stock would get beaten up where I hunt.

Posts: 203 | Registered: 09 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dr B
posted Hide Post
What a wsome rifle Kevin Weaver is truly one of the rising stars in custom rifles. His rifles arn't just candy to the eye (whic they are) but they are some of the most accurate I have ever shoot.
I was talking to kevin today about stocking my 375 Ruger verey simalar this.
DR B

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
This is one of Kevin Weaver's personal rifles that he built for himself, wish it were mine!
Dr B, an AR poster here, asked me to post these shots of Kevin's rifle.
I imagine it will be used on Elk and Mule Deer as well as Sheep if given the chance but it sure looks like it is ready for African Plains Game.
Thanks for all the comments I'll let Kevin know.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a GREAT looking rifle!!!

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very very nice!

Posts: 789 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
WOW! Looks well thought out. What's the inscription on the left side? I've never seen that done on a M70. I like it.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
TC1 I'll try to post some more pictures that show the engraving, these are the best I can do.
Tough to tell from the picture but the depth of the action has been shortened by roughly 1/4" and this makes the thing feel very slim and fast handling. Kevin also told me the rifle is shooting one hole groups so its not just a looker.

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
That is so sweet. I love the way he did the forarm, nice and slim.

Seeing how you just got it I'm sure you're not that attached to it yet. Why don't we trade. I'm sure i got something around here you'd like to have animal

Congradulations on a absalutely wonderful rifle.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Here is a target picture and another shot of the sideplate.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lovely looking rifle, very very nice. Wink

Posts: 91 | Location: Brisbane, Australia. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm aggravated. I thought I was the only one that recognized the potential of making an improved custom Model 70 by using the Compact. I have hoarded two compacts for that very purpose.

I too, like the shallow belly depth that losing 1/4" gives. Actually, it makes it very similar to the Remington 700 in depth. You lose one round in the magazine, just like you do in the 700.

You can see this is based off a compact by the shape of the trigger.

One thing I don't understand is the entire shooting world's fascination with Talley Scope Mounts. I know that functionally that are great, but to me, aesthetically, they leave something to be desired. They are blocky looking, they have a strong "added-on" look, they are relatively heavy, and just have overall poor appearance, in my mind.

I think the S&K mounts are far superior. Just a matter of taste, of course.

That is one super rifle.

Mike