THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Opinions about a remington 700???

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions about a remington 700???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
remington 700

I was just curious on everyones thoughts about this rifle... I just sent a "I'm going to buy it" email to the guy.... Does this sound like a pretty good deal? Does anyone have one? Thanks

Posts: 31 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The rifle is like any other 700. The real question here is, does the stock fit YOU THE SHOOTER? I have one thumbhole stock and it is much better from a bench than shooting off hand. Give great consideration to your hunting style and methods.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never shot from a thumbhole stock... What is it just awkward in other then BR positions? Most of my shooting is BR but I would like to use it for bear next year. Thanks for the info...

Posts: 31 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
You may really like the thumbhole design. They aren't my cup of tea for hunting, but I'll be the first to admit I feel they are the absolute best for offhand shooting. For some reason I can get a much steadier hold when offhand shooting while using the thumbhole design. The only reason I don't like them for hunting is they are bulky feeling and awkard when carrying with a sling IMO. You may really like the design.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
Looks like a decent rifle, think youll love that thumbhole stock.

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
looks like a Boyds stock,
you bought a winner there 4 sure.
keep us posted
regards

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I won't be getting the 30 06. I ended up emailing the guy back to letting him know i would prefer the 300 win mag he has.. He is out of stock as of now.. will let you know what happens..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have found the thumbhole stock to be very handy shooting from the bench but very ackward in hunting situations: pantamime taking your thumb out of the thumbhole and releasing the safety and then putting your thumb back in the hole before getting off a shot.