THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Rings Options, Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rings Options, Ruger M77 Hawkeye
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking around for a set of scope rings for the machined receiver of a Ruger M77 Hawkeye.
I can obtain Ruger rings but these have really jumped in cost lately. What other good aftermarket makes are out there you would be happy to use ? I want to check out some options.
Cheers.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1992 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used a set from Leupold. No complaints.

Posts: 370 | Location: USA | Registered: 26 March 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alaska Arms

Posts: 373 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 13 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a few sets from Warne for sale after I sold one of my M77s, let me know if you’re interested.

Posts: 145 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 02 January 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
whisk(e)y hunter
posted 17 May 2022 00:27
I have a few sets from Warne for sale after I sold one of my M77s, let me know if you’re interested.

Hi,
Thanks for the offer. 30mm rings is the size I'm interested in. Could you post a pic of your rings please if 30mm ? I prefer the horizontal ring joins over the vertical split. Cheers.

Posts: 1992 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Double BC:
Alaska Arms

+1 abd i really like the offering in left handed version.

Posts: 1721 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
If you don't like the price of Ruger rings, you won't like Alaska arms either. Good rings though.

Posts: 17046 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend found a set of Ruger Rings at user friendly pricing which solved my problem.
I enquired about the Alaska Arms option which indeed is more spendy but also looks to be a higher quality product. Had the Ruger Rings not been found I probably would have bought Alaska Arms rings.

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Morris, at Alaska Arms, is always helpful and makes great products. His new drop box for the Ruger has been a real popular option at our camps as it allows for an additional 416 or 375 Ruger round, or two in my 375 H&H and 35 Whelen .

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4187 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote