THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Need help with Quickload or other, 9.3x62 velocity

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help with Quickload or other, 9.3x62 velocity
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
I have an accurate load I've been using in my 9.3x62 and have never chronographed it, anyone care to run it in Quickload or something similar for me?
I posted this in Reloading as well.
9.3x62
285 grain PRVI Bullet
Graf Brass
CCI Large Rifle primer
60.5 grains of Ramshot Big Game Powder
20" barrel

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of asdf
posted Hide Post
No such software can accurately predict fps from a certain charge. Powder lot variations alone prevent this. QuickLOAD will generate numbers for you, but the results are little more than educated guesses.

Posts: 977 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Yeah, thats what I'm after.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As asdf said, this is only a guess by QL:

+/- 700 m/s, 2300 fps.

IMO, the biggest problem with this kind of software, is the case capacity, that can vary a lot for the same cartridge, between different manufacturers.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wildboar
A solid guesstimate was all I was after.