THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    New European American Arms commercial Mauser?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New European American Arms commercial Mauser?
 Login/Join

<Chantry Soulpepper>
posted
Has anyone out there actually seen one of these? They have been written up in several of the firearms industry media lately. What kind of safety system do they employ? Is the fit and finish as good as the old Interarms Mark X rifles?

Thanks,

Chantry Soulpepper

------------------

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Hi Chantry,
You can get a bit of a look at these on the EAA website. They apparently are built on BRNO Mauser actions and have a 2-position safety. I have an email in to EAA to find out what the price of the barreled actions is. The complete rifles with a synthetic stock retail for $339--I sure hope there's not some kind of a catch! Welcome aboard!
Good Hunting,

------------------
Andy Cooper

[This message has been edited by ACRecurve (edited 03-04-2002).]

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I read on another forum that they were built on Brno military surplus 98 actions. I also read that the bbled action was 225.00. Don't know is this is true or not but the guy who posted this says he got the info from EAA.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I went back to that other forum and checked again. They say this is a refurbished Brno VZ-24 action. Also I had the quoted price wrong on the bbled actions-it's 259.00.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
I ordered one of these rifles in 30-06 today. Total price was $334 so if I don't like it I shouldn't have too much trouble getting out. I'll let y'all know what it looks like next week.
Good Hunting,

------------------
Andy Cooper

[This message has been edited by ACRecurve (edited 03-05-2002).]

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ACRecurve:

where did you make your order?

Posts: 466 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
My rifle came today--the fit and finish is nowhere near as good as the old Mark X rifles had. This is simply a VZ type action with a sporter barrel, a rough matte finish and Butler Creek synthetic stock. Safety and trigger are both military. Bolt travel is rough. This would make an inexpensive backup rifle or a good starter rifle. It wouldn't save any $ to go this route if a custom rifle is wanted.....but hey, what can you really expect for $334?
Good Hunting,

------------------
Andy Cooper

one of us
posted Hide Post

Where is their web site?

Posts: 398 | Location: Texas | Registered: 27 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
www.eaacorp.com
Good Hunting,

------------------
Andy Cooper

one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out the Mausers from Zastava (Yugoslavia), imported by Charles Daly:

http://www.charlesdaly.com/html/products/firearms/rifles/rifles.asp

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Traded my BRNO 98 today for a Winchester Model 70. The Charles Daly Mausers remind me alot of the Mark X mausers. They are a bit more expensive than the BRNO's but seem to be a better value. Now all I have to do is to decide what caliber of custom rifle to build around the Model 70 action....hmmm.
Good Hunting,

------------------
Andy Cooper

<Chantry Soulpepper>
posted
I just wanted to thank all of you for helping me make an informed deceision. I'm going to pass on the EEA rifle and consider the Charles Daly. I have a couple of the old Interarms Mark Xs and have been very pleased with them.

Thanks again,

Chantry Soulpepper