THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Anyone handle a Kel-tec RFB yet?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone handle a Kel-tec RFB yet?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted
Haven't goten to shoot one yet, but it feels good. the fwd. ejection seems like a cool feature, and it's so compact, too. Love to hear about any issues if you've heard of any.

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
I've only handled one at a gun show. Fit and finish seems nice. My buddy wants one but is waiting for the initial mark up by dealers on new products to be over. I personally have mixed feelings about a bull pup 308 with an 18" barrel. An 18" barrel is loud enough on a 308 without being so close to the end that goes boom.

I do have the hots for Kel-Tec's new 22 magnum pistol but right now dealers are gouging consumers charging about twice their cost for one.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big-foot
posted Hide Post
They've had some heat treatment issues and little stuff. Lifetime warranty though.

I'd rather have the longer barreled sporter version but it's not in sight yet. Be nice if they took a pound off it too.

RFB forum. http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=499

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one, the first 10 or 12 shots were fine then it became a jammamatic, crushing fired cases inside the gun as the bolt closed. I sent it back, they fixed it and returned it promptly. They said they polished the chamber. How polishing the chamber would correct this malfunction or how a rough chamber worked for 10 or 12 shots then started causing progressively more problems is anyone's guess. Anyway, it works now and it works good. Good trigger, manual of arms unlike anything else. You need an open bolt indicator, the chamber is hard to see to confirm unloaded. They really should supply one. I've got maybe 500 shots through it, no problems other than described above. I'm very pleased. For a police ossifer who wanted serious firepower, or anyone else that wanted to carry a rifle in a car or truck, this gun would be "da bomb". It could stand to loose a pound or two but that would require a lot more machine time or much more expensive materials or both. Generally speaking, a 20% reduction in weight means a 50% to 70% increase in price. I don't know if the pound or two is worth that. It does kick pretty smartly at the current weight. It doesn't hurt, even after a hundred rounds but it does come back smartly. I have one of their pump shotguns on order. If it is as good as the RFB it will be "da bomb II".

Suwannee Tim

Posts: 140 | Location: Way down upon the Suwannee River. | Registered: 02 March 2011Reply With Quote