THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    350 legend anyone hunting with one

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

350 legend anyone hunting with one
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I bought some 350 legend shells yesturday just in case I get the itch for one . Its a rimless 357 rem maximum .What really sucks you can not use .358 bullets which really is a disadvantage .I see where jes rebore is trying reboring 223 rifles .I wonder if anyone had hunted with one .I want a 350 upper and maybe a bolt gun .I see where some guys are getting them made with .358 barrels so they can shoot .358 bullets .I have three 357 rem maximum pistols and rifles and like them .I always wanted a repeater in it .

Posts: 2531 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
This same issue of the .358 groove barrel has been discussed here; search for that. And some guys have reamers to allow 358 bullets to be used, and are building them with 358 barrels.
I won't be building them because they won't fit on a Mauser. I make 450 BMs. Of course, anyone can assemble an AR type rifle.
It is really a 9mm; not sure why.
I have not hunted with one.
Anyway, it has become very popular here because it is legal, and has no recoil. Seems deer hunters can't handle recoil.

Posts: 17046 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I a not sure that this will help you but this is what I am trying for a hunting bullet with my 357 Max. I have not tested it the yet.
- .357 Cal, 140 grain CEB Raptor.
- .358 Cal, 160 grain CEB Raptor. I told that the will work in a .357 barrel.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use the 180 gr8 hornady xtp bullets in my 357 rem medium they work good out to 150 yards then kinda poop out .I use to hunt with the 375 win mag which is even better .The rimless 375 win would be even better than this cartridge .I want one of these in a ruger mini14 if it's possible not sure if it could be done .

Posts: 2531 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote