THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Bullets for Pronghorn in the .270 Win.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bullets for Pronghorn in the .270 Win.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ive never shot pronghorn with the 110, albeit I grew up on a West Texas ranch and had ranches leased for years. shot many pronghorn on those ranches..Always used the 130s even for elk..

Shooting rock chucks with the 270 was common practice and used 110 and other light weight bullets, they were all very destructive and chucks turned to a red mist in some cases and hamburger in other cases with these varmint bullets, so I would never recommend them for a fine big game animal, but this is the USA and you have every right to give the 110s a chance..I predict a nasty gutting job with lots of shit mixed in and Lord knows a pronghorn is barely eatable by comparison to all other wild game, at least in my opine..taste like horse and look like horse meat..

Shooting chucks in the Snake River Canyons is an experience in itself with the high wind and high wind updrafts, and blew light bullets as much as two to three ft high at times, called for the 130s and hold low low..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote