THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Price Check Please Win M70 FW 308

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price Check Please Win M70 FW 308
 Login/Join

posted
Hello everyone -

Looking at a push feed Winchester M70 Featherweight in 308. The metal is in good condition: 90-95% or better.

The wood, however, isn't. The stock has handling marks, a couple good dings and it is cracked on one side of the stock. The crack is about 2 inches going from butt forward.

It's at a local gun shop for $475. I haven't begun to try and dicker with them at all. I am looking at this rifle for something to tinker with this winter. What's a fair price for something like this in your area?

I was going to offering them $400 for it. Take it or leave it...I've already got a good shooting .308 so I don't need this one.

Thanks for looking.
Rob

Posts: 734 | Location: Concord, NH | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of beretta96
posted Hide Post
My wife has the same rifle. Good little gun, sure I'd pay $400 for it, and get a Boyd's laminated stock.

That's going to be my wife's Christmas present, she likes the "pepper" stock.

Posts: 263 | Location: ontario, canada | Registered: 10 January 2007Reply With Quote