THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Red Dot for Brno 21H, How to Mount

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Dot for Brno 21H, How to Mount
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of carpediem4570
posted
Good Day Ladies and Gents:

Before you start calling me all sorts of bad names, yes, I agree, this is sacrilegious. But what the hell, let's try it.

I have two Brno 21H's in 7x57. One was rebuilt by Ralf Martini and is scoped. The other is unmolested and only missing the rear sight and, the bolt handle hits the scope bell and can't be opened.

While I am waiting for a rear sight, why not mount a red dot on it so I can shoot it.

Now the problem. I have a Bushnell TRS 25 kicking around doing nothing. I want to mount it to the forward scope dovetail. The TRS 25 fits the dovetail but there is no way to prevent forward/rear movement. Is there a base I can attach to the forward scope dovetail that will allow me to then mount the TRS 25?

Any other suggestions would be welcome so long as I don't have to alter the rifle.

Kind regards,

Carpediem

No politician who supports gun control should recieve armed protection paid for by those he is trying to disarm.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-scotch in one hand-Chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO-HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!"

Madly Off In All Directions

one of us
posted Hide Post
Find a mount that fits the place where the rear sight was mounted.

Posts: 19305 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You are absolutly sacriligious, shame on you!!
shame rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41746 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The bushnell is just another red dot with an integral weaver pic tail mount isn’t it?
Rusan (Croatia) makes a 19mm dovetail to pic rail adapter to fit in a few variations
https://www.optics-trade.eu/nz...-19_mm_dovetail.html

Formerly Gun Barrel Ecologist

Posts: 324 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 04 May 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Talley makes a QD slide on peep sight for those dovetails, and Talley has bases for the RT version. I have, had on of those peeps for each of my 21 and 22 Brnos over the years..BTW a good smith can bend that Talley flat bolt down so that its barely noticeable and scope friendly..I have used a Leupold Alaskan 7/8" 2.5X on one and a 3x and 2x7x28 and 4X Leupold on others over the years..Best commercial bolt action rifle ever produced IMO..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41746 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
https://americanhuntingrifles....for-cz-550-brno-zkk/

Here you go

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1213 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of carpediem4570
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help gents.

I will look into these options and keep you updated.

I have two Brno 21H's. One has the bolt handle modified to clear a scope. The other is original. I found a rear site for the original but though it would be interesting to mount a red dot for evening/dusk hunting in the forest.

Kind regards,

carpediem

No politician who supports gun control should recieve armed protection paid for by those he is trying to disarm.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-scotch in one hand-Chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO-HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!"

Madly Off In All Directions