THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Questions on acquiring a specific rifle.

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions on acquiring a specific rifle.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Have really had my eye on the new Sako 85 Bavarian in 7x64 Brenneke and 9.3x62. In speaking with Beretta USA, I discovered that this particular model is not going to be made available in the U.S., which stinks. Supposedly, it is only offered in Europe and Australia. Has anyone here in the U.S. ever managed to get a hold of a specific firearm that wasn't normally imported into this country? If so, what is the process that you had to go through so that everything was legally OK? (I would want it to be NIB.) I'm positive that there are a lot of hurdles and that the added cost may not make it worthwhile. I've seen models of cars, TV's, etc. that were never made available here, yet somehow found their way into the country and figured that a rifle could as well.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Posts: 354 | Location: CO | Registered: 19 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Look up www.simpsonltd.com and contact them. They are very good about importing firearms. If there is a way to do it, they will probably know how.

Posts: 1635 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beretta is just being a PIA. Previous Sako importers have brought in the Euro rifles, on special order. They usually did them in groups of 5 rifles, to make it worth their effort.

If Beretta ever does do a special order, they can count me in for 2.

You can import a single rifle yourself, and have it sent to your local FFL. The paperwork isn't all that much effort, and takes about 2 months. The problem is finding the rifle you want for sale in Europe, from a dealer who is willing to ship it to the US.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM Tomo577, he's over there and does that sort of thing, mostly double rifles.

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote