THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Tikka T3 varmint receiver screws?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka T3 varmint receiver screws?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted
Hellow , Any body knows what is the screw size (thread) on Tikka T3 varmint receiver ?
I tried the common mount screws ( 6-48 or 8-40) and the they dont work I want to put a picantinny rail (I have it) but I dont have the right screws.Thanks ;Guillermo.

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Which thread are you talking about? the small hole on top of the reciver?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." (Attributed to George Orwell).

Posts: 72 | Location: Aalborg Denmark (sometimes Mexico) | Registered: 12 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Montes. The small hole on the top and front of the receiver is for the optilock stopping pin, I just want to know the screw size (thread of the 4 treaded small holes) for the base mount, I have a Warne premier mount but I dont have the screws, and the common american base screws (6-48 or 8x40) doesnt fit, maybe they are the 6-40??? I dont know.Thanks for answering. Regards

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jnd
posted Hide Post
It´s the same thread as weaver uses for their base screws.

Posts: 73 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 24 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fireball168
posted Hide Post
The owner manual says the plug screws in the receiver are M3.5x3

Posts: 1332 | Location: IN | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jnd
posted Hide Post
Receiver is also tapped to receive standard (Weaver) scope mount bases.

TIKKA Homepage

Posts: 73 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 24 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fireball168
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jnd:
Receiver is also tapped to receive standard (Weaver) scope mount bases.

TIKKA Homepage

Yep, M3.5x3.

Posts: 1332 | Location: IN | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
I believe the S61 Weaver base is the one that fits that rifle.

The Weaver bases come with screws, and are inexpensive. So if you can't find the screws just order the bases Wink

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Guillermo Amestoy:the common american base screws (6-48 or 8x40) doesnt fit, maybe they are the 6-40??? I dont know.Thanks for answering. Regards

Well, quite obviously american thread screws will not fit the European rifle. Metric standards are in use in most of the civilized Europe (and slowly the rest of the world) Wink

So, listen to others who said the correct one and forget the US stuff.

Posts: 29 | Location: Nordic | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With Quote