Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Atkinson?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted
Anyone heard from him lately? Unusual for him not to post in 11 days..I had emailed him on Jan2 and no response as well

Stay healthy everyone

Justin B

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
It is strange!

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope he's okay . . .

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He's on a hunt in Texas.

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Race Bannon:
He's on a hunt in Texas.

Glad to hear that, hope they are successful out here

Justin

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got back today, unpacking from a great hunt for deer and quail in both ends of texas, on the Ray Lambreth ranch and the famous Pitchfork/4 sixes ranch, I think they are connected somehow..I had a few hundred emails, and could have misfiled or Xed out some so if you care to resend Id appreciate, I rumdumb from 4600 miles in a Ford truck..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do we get an after action report? Photos are always welcome, please?

Posts: 10837 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Heym,
My partner took all the pictures..We both shot a spike and a doe, and he shot a 7 point, hunted quail also..weather was bad for a few days as a blue norther blowed in so we just meat hunted. We intended to hunt on a big ranch out of Laredo, but covid interferred with that,so we took what we could..Have an invite for next year at Laredo, and they have some real monster deer..Got an invite to a high fence,but opted for the low fences...It was a great hunt with old friends, looked over some fine cattle and horses, the hunt was more or less secondary and culling operation..Saw some monster Mule Deer on the Pitchfork, enjoyed that, but no Mule deer hunting allowed..

I shot with my Renner 7x57 and used 120 gr. TTSX and 150 gr. Sirraccos, both worked but the Barnes were as tad hard on those little deer as were the Swifts, but they did the job and very little bloodshot stuff...Charley saw one huge whitetail and didn't get him on the Floresville ranch..The big deer are there but conditions were wrong as they hunkered up, a full moon was up and they were feeding at night,and we saw some big ones after shooting time driving out and they saw some big ones one night hunting hogs...Good friends, good food, good talk, all made for a hell of a good time and its called hunting, not shooting, it just happens and its part of the game. no trophies but lots of good meat to add to the elk in my freezer..Bob whites were hard to get and success was slow, but hell I like chicken better anyway! Can't wait until next year and those ranchers are bringing horses and were packing in for elk next year in Idaho behind my house hopefully..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did any quail fall? I hunted them in the equivalent to a hurricane last year. I am eating deer veal also.

I have made two wonderful handmade lasagnas in the last 2 weeks from my cow elk.

Posts: 10837 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We got into some bad nasty weather on quail, so it was cold humid hard wind and rain, but thats hunting, besides I like chicken better rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chicken better than quail??? No way. Pheasant maybe but not quail. Just my opinion.

Posts: 3804 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mods - please move this thread to the Recipes for Hunters forum so we can debate which fowl we prefer.....

Posts: 677 | Location: Arizona USA | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Although I have always loved quail hunting; after we had the intrusion of the fire ants here in central Tx. + they were devouring all the clutches on the ground, I opted to not shoot any more until the population got back to normal. I admit that just like pheasant hunting when they flush, the adrenaline factor makes it all worthwhile.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
My great ambition is to get to Ray's age and be fit enough to have even half the fun he does.

Posts: 4956 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
My great ambition is to get to Ray's age and be fit enough to have even half the fun he does.

+1

Posts: 2587 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm even more fit then Ray-----when I was 20 years old and I had an erection I couldn't bend it !

NOW I CAN !!!

Hip Cool Big Grin archer

Posts: 1823 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hipshoot:
I'm even more fit then Ray-----when I was 20 years old and I had an erection I couldn't bend it !

NOW I CAN !!!

Hip Cool Big Grin archer

My Grandfather told me this one & said it was because his Hand & Wrist were getting stronger ??

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote