THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Mauser reintroduce the 7x57 in some of its rifles
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser reintroduce the 7x57 in some of its rifles
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
But no claw extractor so is it really a Mauser?

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4712 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My favorite rifle for NA is the Savage 99F in .308 if Im hunting horseback. I chose the gun for its compatability in a saddle scabbard and always liked the .308, otherwise I hunt with my wore out pre 64 mod. 70 fwt. in 30-06 or my Ruger 77 Renner special in 7x57..and my "big bore" these days is my Huskvarna 9.3x62, mostly out of nostalgia, and I feel its capable for any large animal, should I feel the need. The rest of my guns are trade stock or collectors, that get hunted on ocassion for the fun of it..Point being I really don't need other than the 308, 7x57 and 30-06, never really did with Africa being the exception I suppose but hey the 7x57 and 30-06 have proven their worth there by the locals?? I like the Mauser and the pre 64 Win. I like control feed and thats my option nobody elses! old stir

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41762 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote