Notify
Tools

9,3 and Swift Manual
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
Hi,
Something I don't inderstood looking at the Swift Reloading Manual.

They say 56 gr of IMR 4064 is the max charge for their 250 grains bullet.

The same charge is given as max. for the 300 gr bullet.

What I'm missing???

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo I have seen similar data in several manuals. Often you will see the same max charge for 180 gr bullets that is listed for the 165 gr in 30 cal. I would suggest the testing for the 250 gr 9.3 bullet was not complete but they wanted to include some data for the lighter bullet so they included what they had.

Posts: 2434 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks Snowman,
So it seems I can charge a little more those 250 pills....
Thanks again
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo,

I bought the Swift Manual #1 about a year, year and a half ago. If you go through it carefully, you'll find quite a few errors, simply by cross-ref the data in the manual itself. I pay attention mostly to 270, 7mm, and 30 cal cartridges, where I found numerous discrepancies. I'm not surprised you're wondering about the 9.3.

Still, I think it's a good start for Swift, and am eager to see #2.

Good luck and good shooting,

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks Friar,
I also think the Manual is a good start. I think those are great bullets and I will really wish to get some 9,3 250 grainers someday.

L

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the new Swift manual and it seems pretty accruate so far...A lot of times their is a reason for such so called descrepancies like sometimes that is simply all the powder a certain case will hold and it still seems to work with different weight bullets...

That aside the only powder that really works in a 9.3x62 according to my chronograph is RL-15 and ocasionally H414 with certain combinations, but RL-15 works with all loads and simplifies my life...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote