New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka T3 in 9.3x62
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am seriously considering buying a T3 hunter (woodstock/molychrome with open sights) in a T3.

I know that there will be disapproval from the Crf camp but as far as a push feed goes it has to be just about the ultimate smooth action and feeds flawlessly from its vertical stack mag. I have the same rifle in a 300wsm and it feeds those little short fat rounds so smoothly.

And just think - a Dg caliber that will weigh just over 6lbs! Okay I know its will recoil because of that but its got to be the ultimate light weight 9.3!!

What do you guys think? Any of our European friends got one in 9.3?

Posts: 789 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I reckon you will notice the recoil alright, have fired one of these in the m65, yep it boots.But get one anyway, if you can.

cheers cc

Posts: 191 | Location: Australia | Registered: 17 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MLG,

I like crfs but I have often thought I would like a .376 Steyr in there scout rifle so I reckon go for it if you want it. I have cz 9.3x62 and am very fond of the round in general, also the speer 270gr bullets despite being soft are fine for the majority of our game.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Heritage Arms
posted Hide Post
I have 2 T3 on order from Tikka in 9,3x62mm. It takes about 6 months to get them into the states according to our rep. Can't wait to get them and go shoot them. They are a handy weight and the recoil is not that fierce.

Aleko

Hits count, misses don't

Posts: 1573 | Location: USA, most of the time  | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote