New
Find
Notify
Tools

ruger 7x64 value
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What would be the real world value of a Ruger m 77 with sights in 7x64 caliber. I guess it would be a m 77 Mark 2

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Wow. Had no idea they ever made those. Great cartridge.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
There were a few that didn't get shipped to Europe.

If it is NIB Ruger collectors will be into.

If it is hunted it is worth whatever you can get for it.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I passed on one in August at the gun show for $750. I had seen it on their table for a few years.

I figured it wouldn't do anything my handful of .280 rems could do better. I think the 280 was about 100fps faster

Nice looking rifle to have in the collection though, especially just for rarity.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
If it’s been hunted with it’s a $600-1200 rifle depending on condition. Original box and paperwork add value.
If it’s pristine unfired NIB I could see a serious giving $2000+

Some of those older 77’s in special runs had nice wood too

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1213 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
if someone wants a 7x64, then $100 more than a 30-06, if not, then $100 less

i'd wager around 750-850

the 280 rem is only faster with lighter than standard loads for a 7x64 ...

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38379 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
iirc there are 252 of these running around the USA..or that was the production #'s I found when I was trying to figure out whether to buy the one I saw or not

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The one i saw is in the $1500 range. But to my way of thinking its still a Ruger m 77.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I didn't realize there were such a large group of Ruger collectors until a few years ago.

I only lived in Europe for 7 years, but I never saw a Ruger M77 once. Spain, Italy, Germany or while traveling Austria, Switzerland, France, Luxembourg, Belgium been in a lot of gun shops. Never seen a Ruger m77 once.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
a few months back it would have been worth a fortune since it was the only ammo sitting on several shelves around the country.

now?
there's all sorts of stuff surrounding it.

Posts: 4962 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes the local Sportsmans Warehouse must have 15 boxes of 7x64 and very little else.

one of us
posted Hide Post
All of the limited addidtions fetch $1800 to $2200,
I would think this very rare addition would fetch 2 grand from a collector or simi collecter...I sure wouldn't let it go for less were it mine..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray i dont think its a limited addition. I think its just a Ruger mark 2 that was chambered in 7x64.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It may not have sold well, in general, but if Lipsey’s had done the Hawkeye African in 7x64, I would have bought one. I passed on the 280AI.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3276 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ColoradoMatt a few moonths back i broke down and bought one of the Lipseys in 280ai.
The only thing i done to it was free float the barrel.
It is one of the most accurate rifle i own with 150 ballistic tips. Seems to shoot everything decent.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ho:
ColoradoMatt a few moonths back i broke down and bought one of the Lipseys in 280ai.
The only thing i done to it was free float the barrel.
It is one of the most accurate rifle i own with 150 ballistic tips. Seems to shoot everything decent.

I have no doubt the 280AI is a fine cartridge. I have the same rifle in 9.3x62 and was just hoping for another in another “classic” round with history in Africa. Another run of 7x57 would have been nice.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3276 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
You can travel thru Wyoming and lose your 7x64 ammo..and go by Sportsman's Warehouse and get plenty!