THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Scope rings/bases for Savage 16 / 116 weather warrior

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope rings/bases for Savage 16 / 116 weather warrior
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted
First off I have not bought the scope that will eventually end up on this rifle. So I want to use something I have to start load development.

So I received my second set of talley one piece scope mounts and I still cannot but a scope on my new rifle.

The first set was due to talleys web site.

I talked to someone at talley for the second set. No GO!! I tried a Nikon prostaff 3x9x40, and Leupold 1.75 x 6. Niether of these scopes will fit because the ring spacing is too wide. I also tried my Nikon monarch 2.5 x 10 and the scope hits in the back on the power adjusting ring. Its boarder line with the spacing if I had higher mounts.

I would like too no what some of you have on yours.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you tried a picatinny rail for your Savage. Just goggle it and you will get different companies. That way you can set your rings where you need to.

Posts: 296 | Location: Clyde Park, MT | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leupold and Burris (I think) make offset rings. You can use a normal rear ring and a front ring that is set back from the mount. I have one on a Savage and it works fine.

Like these
http://www.cabelas.com/product...djyYMNQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it possible to reverse the rear ring? I had to do that with the rear Leopold ring for my short action Savage and it works just fine.

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I have an extended (to the rear) front mount on the Savage 14 (weaver Steel)

top is Leupold bottom is Weaver

Posts: 6379 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote