THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    9,3 250 TSX grainers on feral cattle

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9,3 250 TSX grainers on feral cattle
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
Yesterday I shot two ferals with my 9,3x62.
I have been using the TSX 250 grainers from pigs up to waterbuffs with good results.

Yesterday from five shots I shot four pass through the bovines as if they were made of butter!!!

Only one bullet recoverd. I cant complain about these bullets but now I am a little concerned about continue using them on light game (pigs&deers).

Some pics

At night I went for pigs and nothing (as usual)

The "funny" thing is that while walking at night I found a poacher (southamerican version) and he hide into some bushes. I was carrying a night vision device so I turn on the spotlight directly on his face and the chap walk out of the bushes with his hands up thinking I was a policeman...

After some talk we find that we have some friends in common so we share some drinks of grappa and we walk away from each other wishing us good hunting Big Grin

He knows exactly where I have my trail cameras and feeders Roll Eyes and never touch nothing or kill nothing there and also as he knows "everyone" (read poachers) in the area I prefer not to tell anyone about him. I prefer to loose some pigs or deers than my trail cams Frowner

BTW, he seems a good chap Wink

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Nice job, Lorenzo! How were the steaks?! Big Grin

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
Is a feral cow much of a hunt? How do they go feral in the first place?

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of greghud
posted Hide Post
quote:
After some talk we find that we have some friends in common so we share some drinks of grappa and we walk away from each other wishing us good hunting

anyone else thinking the term "poacher" has a different meaning in south america?
top stuff lorenzo, hope you have a big enough freezer.
jimmy, if you deal with domesticated cattle you can seee they can be quite dangerous, add the fact that a ferral probably hasent ever seen a human and they can be very dangerous.
greg

Posts: 383 | Location: top end oz | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
No they where not a difficult hunt but they don't allow anyone walking or on horseback to get near.

When my brother in law bought that farm they were already there because no one was able to catch them. They just jump cattle fences as soon as they receive some little preasure from someone.

They where some kind of brahaman cattle.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greghud:
quote:
After some talk we find that we have some friends in common so we share some drinks of grappa and we walk away from each other wishing us good hunting

anyone else thinking the term "poacher" has a different meaning in south america?
top stuff lorenzo, hope you have a big enough freezer.

My country is very small and everyones knows each other in the hunting fraternity. This chap was a friend of someone I know who sells sausages made of deer and pigs.

Here you have to separate the normal hunters from little country towns that only kill something for the freezer now and then, from the real poachers that kill everything despite their size and in big numbers and who also can destroy someone's else property. Also these people can kill a sheep or a calf so here we are talking of real outlaws that can be very dengerous if confronted.

Sometimes with the normal chaps from the small towns that just enjoy hunting and that don't give serious trouble is better a live and let live policy...

Remember that here we don't have public lands or seasons, so someone who cannot afford a piece of land is unable to hunt. Because of these farmers don't complain much about them meanwhile things are done with some order and in a little scale.

L

One of Us
posted Hide Post
While it's your culture, and land, etc -- from the experience my family's had in the PA, it is MUCH better to require those villagers to ask for permission, than to get them in the habit of poaching, but in moderation. Landowners doing that around PA set a very bad precedent of "hunters" thinking they had a RIGHT to do such things... So, they end up shooting your horses and cattle because they think they're deer...

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
While it's your culture, and land, etc -- from the experience my family's had in the PA, it is MUCH better to require those villagers to ask for permission, than to get them in the habit of poaching, but in moderation. Landowners doing that around PA set a very bad precedent of "hunters" thinking they had a RIGHT to do such things... So, the idiots you'd never allow on your land end up shooting your horses and cattle because they think they're deer...

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
'While it's your culture ...' .... Yup, not a time to make a judgement ... that is why so many people travel, I reckon .. to experience other cultures ... To arrive and state that the people are doing it all wrong - well, certainly not my place. popcorn Smiler

Posts: 1534 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo:
No they where not a difficult hunt but they don't allow anyone walking or on horseback to get near.

When my brother in law bought that farm they were already there because no one was able to catch them. They just jump cattle fences as soon as they receive some little preasure from someone.

They where some kind of brahaman cattle.

L

Cause of your pictures be so kind and tell me what was the distance when shooting the bull and where did the bullet enter/exit the bull?
Must be very clos caus of loosing the pedals?!

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
The first bull I shot it at aprox. 50 metres and the other one at aprox. 90 metres.

All shots where behind the shoulder and all where angled shots.

I also was surprised of the loose of petals because I never use hot loads, just the oposite.. bewildered

L

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
zebu or cebu cattle, as my friend juan pozzi as informed me. kind of looks like brahma cattle, and is indian, but are larger and meaner

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Well we are on my terrain now... Big Grin

Cebú is a general name given to any of the Bos Indicus races. As with the Bos Taurus (hereford, angus, charolais, etc) there are several cebú races like the Brahman (meat cebú), Gir (milk cebú), etc etc.

When you cross breed them with the Taurus races you have the Braford (brahman/heregord), Brangus (brahman/angus), Girolando (Gir/holando). Holando is the way we call down here the holstein cattle.

So all of them are cebues or cebuines races.
Capishe ? And all of them are from India and its neigbourhoods..Big Grin

L