THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Help with German Translation - Steyr S Sights

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with German Translation - Steyr S Sights
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I´m looking for a set of fiber optic "battue" sights for my Steyr S, with no success so far.
I´ve tried e-mailing Steyr several times with no answer thumbdown.

Looking thru the internet I found out that Steyr made a Goiserer Battue model with the kind of sights I wanted, I managed to find out that they were manufactured by Raetz and are called RAZ Sights, Blaser also offfers this sights as an option on their rifles.

I contacted Raetz, by e-mail in English - I don´t speak or understend German, with no result.

Lately I found a thread on a German forum with pictures of the sights I was loooking for, can one of our German friends please see if on this thread there is any info about how to buy the sights ?

Wild und Hund

Thank You,
Cheer´s

Posts: 152 | Location: Portugal | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
I have had some luck with the Bing translator. Cut and paste your German text into the left box and an English version comes up in the right hand box.

http://www.microsofttranslator...&text=into%20english

So from your forum link, this:

Merkwürdig, daß der Thread noch nicht ellenlang ist.
Ihr seid wohl alle auf der Jagd.
Ich habe auch einen Steyr in 30-06 und behaupte 'mal ganz großkotzig:
Die Patrone ist mit jeder handelsüblichen Jagdlaborierung gut geeignet für alles Oberpfälzer Wild.
Nimm, womit du gut triffst und gut iss.
Und RWS DK ist sicher keine schlechte Wahl.

Grüße

Becomes this:

Strange that the thread is still not wool.
You are probably all in the hunt.
I have also a Steyr in .30-06 and maintain ' completely large kotz:
The cartridge is suitable for all wild in Bavaria, Germany with any commercially available hunting decommissioning.
Take what you hit well and eat well.
And RWS DK is certainly not bad choice.

Greetings

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I quickly read through the posts and there is no reference to where these sights can be bought. Seems to be more of a rant on the impractical aspects of Steyr rifles.

I have a good friend and gunsmith in Germany who speaks and writes very good English who may be able to help you. Here's his website
http://www.waffenschnaeppchen.de/

...he's very busy but he will get back. I would look to see if they're available here..ordering from Germany always costs more.

Posts: 1312 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use google Translate and it is very easy to use.

http://translate.google.com/#en|de|

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JonP´s link may be helpful for you, because the Raetz company (though they developed that type of sight) works more likely as a wholeseller.

An alternative are the sight parts from the Recknagel company .

Posts: 230 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank You all for your help.

Cheer´s

One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
Hi Nsiro,

feel free to contact me if You need some help...

But also have a look to this fibre optic with LED illumination as a front sight: You won´t belive how much performance you could get out of your open sights - it works also in the darkness...

http://titanium-gunworks.com/l...ht-daynightfire.html

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Scubapro,

I´ve seen those front sights, and thought about it, but I don´t know if they will work with my rear sight, it has a very narrow gap.

Also my rifle has two protuding bolts on the front riveted to the barrel, please see picture :
[/url][/IMG]

Is it possible to mount the LED front sight on this barrel ?

Can you please let em know the total height and the blade width of this front sight ?

Cheer´s

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is that in the picture ??
Joke ?

Reality ?

Nightmare ?
Confused

Posts: 230 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As far as I know this is the standard sight assembly on the Steyr Barrels.

One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
Hi Nsiro,

OK - that is not a "just a screwdriver" task - that´s right.

Probably the higher potrusiion bolt is to far to the muzzle. With a few minutes of a gunsmith You could mount it in every case: the gunsmith must file the old bolts away and drill and Tap (or weld) a new potrusion bolt on it between the both. - that is the worst scenario and should take a good gunsmith not more then 10-15 minutes (maximum). Maybe it works by just removing the smaller bolt with a file and using the higher one...

The data is:
hight of the sights base: 14 mm
hight of the blade: maximum 6 mm - minimum about 3
distance from the muzzle to the potrusion bolt: minimum 26,5 mm - if You have a bit more it would be perfect

Yep: You could use many rear sights, just make sure the groove is deep enough and wide enough. Best is about 3,5 mm deep and 3mm width - the sights blade is 2,75 mm width

In case of doubt: order one, if it does not fit You send it back to me and get the full refund!

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 43 | Location: Germany | Registered: 14 December 2008Reply With Quote