New
Find
Notify
Tools

.300 H&H rifle?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does it have an integral scope mount/bases machined into action?

NO?

Well, not interested.

Tikka T3 is better machined, tighter tolerances, more features, far better trigger design... and irritatingly 2-3 times cheaper in the US then in Scandinavia.

Posts: 615 | Location: a cold place | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a bolt come 0ff a 257
robts on a hunting trip, but I don't recall the make of the gun, probably a custom Mauser is my guess, but at any rate that's only an inconvenience and easy to repair.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41811 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
tikka is junk sofa

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41811 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't really have any particular issues with Remington 700's, but, the one I own was built in early 80's, other was late 80's. Thought about another one a few yrs back, decided against it as it would have been more money to modify it to the stuff I wanted, or at least the same, as a gun I could buy off the shelf that had all that stuff, which happened to be a T3X.No regrets on the T3X's I bought, they do what they are supposed to do for me.
As to the 300H&H, picked up about 10 yrs ago in a Win 1885, Shot show Safari special, took about 18 mos to get that. It is not light, but, shoots and swings beautifully, and I don't have to fuss with mags and etc that a bolt gun requires. Trigger is OK, it is a hunting gun, not a target rifle, but still shoots under MOA, I've had worse triggers. H&H had a cool factor, 1885 was a right gun for it.
I've had a bug in my mind against 30cal for many years, prefer 338, this was the first one I'd bothered even looking at, strictly because of the gun. I still kind of have that bug, even though I'd bought a DR about the same time in 30R Blaser, they wouldn't build it in 300H&H. Nothing wrong with it either, I just have that bug in my slightly warped brain. May have something to do with shooting a buddy's 300WM and another's 308Win, both of which sucked to shoot.

Krieghoff Classic 30R Blaser
Stevens 044-1/2 218 Bee
Ruger #1A 7-08
Rem 700 7-08
Tikka t3x lite 6.5 creedmo
Tikka TAC A1 6.5 creedmo
Win 1885 300H&H. 223Rem
Merkel K1 7 Rem mag
CCFR

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
I love the sleek 300
H&H, but never liked the 700. Feels cheap and don’t like the angle or short length of the bolt handle.

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote