Find
Notify
Tools

mauser m-03 barrels
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted
anyone interested in a bbl for an m 03 in an odd caliber of your choice?

have this machining figured out first batch will be cut in a week or so. I am building some for myself and was just wondering if anyone else might be interested in one. first out will be in 26 nosler just cause I want to try it.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
almost forgot made a set of tally bases that will get the ridiculous cost of qr scopes down to about 100 bucks for the bases and tally q r rings that I already have.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
Picture of HendrikNZ
posted Hide Post
I'll have to watch this from afar, as exporting to NZ just wont make it worth while. But best of luck with the project, please keep us updated!

Posts: 354 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 11 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
That's what kills me about the M03, the cost of the scope base!!!!!

How much are your barrels?

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
the scope base adaptor is about 90 bucks fits standard tally rings.

the barrels I don't have a final price yet but well less than a grand for a barrel depending on blank used and if you want sights. I usually don't want sights. the first five are in process now.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HendrikNZ:
I'll have to watch this from afar, as exporting to NZ just wont make it worth while. But best of luck with the project, please keep us updated!

thank you sir I will

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just checked on the price of the 03 barrels I know fully understand why your making them your self.

Don't know why they think they are worth more than the cost of a fully functional rifle by Ruger, Rem, Win, CZ. The factory must think they are made of gold.

Now I know why I gave up buying multiple barreled rifles and just buy another complete one.

Good luck with your production.

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crusher
Keep us posted I may be interested in a 416 rem barrel
Thx
Chris

Posts: 170 | Location: Vero Beach Florida | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very interesting. I'm looking forward to updates.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post

test fit on piece of kreiger bbl

figure to get a nasty letter any time now. started this whole process to get a .410 shotgun bbl for sandies and small game pot meat. mauser told me no just shoot game birds with a rifle. then made the mistake of telling me this was impossible. sounded kinda like a dare to me.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post

original test piece in aluminum cut away fits perfect

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post

unchambered bbl piece

all stud holes and gas check holes fitup perfect bolt locks in like a bank vault.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Can you make a .257 Roberts barrel for my M 03?

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HendrikNZ
posted Hide Post
quote:

Please elaborate on the adaptor mentioned.

Regards
H

Posts: 354 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 11 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Can you make a .257 Roberts barrel for my M 03?

yes how do you want it.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HendrikNZ:
quote:

Please elaborate on the adaptor mentioned.

Regards
H

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
two tri lug cams drop one in each hole rotate to position set base on over top put in one torx screw through base into cam piece.

that's it a set of bases for an m-03 that take tally rings (low rings work for me). two screws and no modifications to your action. combine that with the 600 dollars cheaper than the super cool one made by the other guys.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
No sights, and muzzle threaded for a supressor.
rkmojo@aol.com

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are the scope bases stainless?

Can you do a 9.3x62mm mauser barrel 22" with open sights?

Posts: 267 | Location: Kingsville, Texas 78363 | Registered: 19 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
no they are not stainless just unfinished prototype I guess they could be stainless if you wanted.

if I can get a bbl blank and reamer we can make anything you want however you want it.

the bolt has to work with the case size and the magazine must be correct there is a combination for most things .

what kind of iron sights do you want?

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking some Recknagle or NECG for driven game. Barrel length to be 20 or 22 inches. Do you have the scope bases ready?

Posts: 267 | Location: Kingsville, Texas 78363 | Registered: 19 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
we can have bases pretty quick if you want some.

I have a peep sight for the rear base if you want a good fast walking around rifle front only and peep rear on the base.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
length is whatever you want. sounds like a good plan

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to seeing the one you are making for me!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
still moving along looking more like first of august for first batch cnc shop delays Mad blanks in hand and waiting. soon friends very soon.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
went into cnc to be machined Monday. finish chamber, profile and blue under way this is dragging some on time but it is moving forward thanks for your patience.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
Crusher, I'll be interested in one when I pick up my M03. Do you have a list of calibers you can build for?

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
ok these are finally back from cnc the flood missed the shop but some of the guys lost their homes and some family members as well. huge delay but cant really blame them.

prince and rusty yours are here and in process. hoping finished soon but learning not to make too many guesses on actual timeline. this slow pace is a killer.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunter,

No rush, Waiting patiently.

Prince

Posts: 32 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
FIRST BATCH DONE WILL BE AT DSC

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
I HAVE ONE EXTRA 26 NOSLER BBL FOR AN M-03 READY TO GO IF ANYONE WANTS IT.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad your barrel making is coming along nothing like free enterprise to solve a overly expensive problem.

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
thanks I love the rifle but it is needlessly expensive. the scope mounts are finished and that is where it will shine at 500 dollars less than the factory unit.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
Glad your barrel making is coming along nothing like free enterprise to solve a overly expensive problem.

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I met up with Crusher and got my M 03 barrel! Looks great. I will give a report when I take it to the range. Waiting on dies and bullets to fireform 257 AI.

Crusher is a great guy to deal with. Straight forward and no BS!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Took the new M03 barrel I bought from CRUSHER to the range yesterday. Brand new barrel, wiped it down between strings. I fire formed 50 rounds of Nosler 257 Roberts brass to 257 Ackley Improved.

The load was 100 grain Nosler Hunting Ballistic Tip over 39 grains of Norma 203B, Federal GM 210M primers.

One fouling shot and the other 9 rounds together.

20 round string

Groups would have been better if I had taken more time. Needless to say, I am very impressed with the "After Market" that CRUSHER made.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

posted Hide Post
HEY RUSTY THIS IS CRUSHER I HAVE SCOPE BASES IN HAND BUT CANT REMEMBER IF YOU ORDERED SOME I THINK SO.LOST MY COMPUTER AND EVERYTHING ON IT INCLUDING MY LOG IN FOR THIS SITE ANYWAY CALL ME IF YOU CAN PLEASE.

YOU CANT KILL BARNES ONLY BARNES CAN KILL BARNES.

Posts: 3 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 12 July 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ive just come across this thread.
Are you still making mounts for MO-3 barrels ?
Do you know if these can be sent to New Zealand ?
Now that I’ve finally managed to connect with an affordable left hand rifle I’m in need of some scope mounting mechanism .
Appreciate your input on this.
Alternatively I could ask a client to bring a set out to Zambia next season.

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
YEAH I GUESS WE CAN TRY TO GET THEM TO YOU JUST MACHINE PARTS NOT GUN SPECIFIC PARTS.

YOU CANT KILL BARNES ONLY BARNES CAN KILL BARNES.

Posts: 3 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 12 July 2018Reply With Quote