Find
Notify
Tools

A Rare Bird?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What's the old Bromide,

even a blind hog finds an Acorn every now and then........

Sako AV Deluxe, 280 Remington

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love the old Sako deluxe rifles! Their Safari rifle was awesome as well.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Hope she shoots as good as she looks!

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Love the old Sako deluxe rifles! Their Safari rifle was awesome as well.

The Safari was great, really looked the part.

The earlier Deluxes had the real Mark V Wby look.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn nice stick GW, Congrats!

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifles. I have owned a few Sako AV rifles but no Deluxe

6.5X55, 270 Win, 308 Win, . All shot very well and balanced like a custom gun.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The best 222 in the world is the old Sako L-46, Mine shoots pin holes, feels like all rifles should..Sako made some damn nice guns in those years, After the A's went out, I wouldn't own one..Love the L-46s and L-461 models best, got by with the As pretty well..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A great find there, GW! Not many Sakos were chambered for .280, and certainly not many were made in the Deluxe version.

I own one of the special run of 500 GO Wholesale .280's which were built before Sako ever offered the chambering in their regular line. Of course, being a standard grade it doesn't have the eye appeal of your Deluxe, but it is accurate and slings a 150 grainer at over 3,000 fps.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Congrats, I'm always happy for someone that finds a rifle/firearm they've been wanting for some time.

I like the .280 a lot. Always wanted one when it was reintroduced as the 7mm Express. Hmm. Maybe I'll mark my 280 AI, 7mm Express Improved?

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle! Great find..and in one of my favorite calibers!

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
My very first center fire rifle was just like this one in 222 Remington.

I still have it! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66934 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My sako delux is a 22 ppc. It gets used occasionally for coyote calling.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
Congrats Geedubya!

She's a handsome filly...and in a very serviceable chambering.

I'm a huge fan of the old Sakos since starting my hunting career with a Forester in .243. Just this morning, I was afield with my old veteran Safari Grade .375 and I may grab a recently re-barreled L461 in .221 Fireball this evening.

Use it in good health!

Mark

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 603 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Classy rifle GW. I have a friend who is a Sako aficionado and has a Deluxe in .308 that I put him on to. IIRC, he gave 300 bucks for it 35 years ago and I don't think he ever shot it. He's killed a box car load of deer with a .243 that's he's hunted with since the mid '60's.

Posts: 212 | Location: Louisiana, U.S.A. | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yes, indeed! tu2 I too, love blondes! Big Grin