New
Find
Notify
Tools

call 911
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
savage is coming out with a straight line rifle to compete with bkaser -vsomebody in new jersy please call 911 and send an emergency crew for biebs

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That should they came out with one.

Looks interesting.

Posts: 19349 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6378 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[quote]somebody in new jersy please call 911 and send an emergency crew for biebs

No matter what it is, it will still out-shoot your beloved Mossbergs :-)

Posts: 20082 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Savage makes a great tool. Not pretty, but will do the job.

Posts: 9985 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
That should they came out with one.

Looks interesting.

Do you EVER proof-read anything you post?

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Blaser!!.....well barf

Looks like a "bkaser" Ah, well guess that gets a barf also?????????

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41806 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the new savage straight pull rifle looks like the heym sr30 and a blaser slept together!
heym ball bearing locking mechanism, with a blaser bolt handle.

Posts: 177 | Location: Brooks, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
When the price drops I will get one to replace the Blaser (which i made good money selling)

Posts: 6378 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
I like this. For that matter, I like the Blaser. What's the beef with straight pull rifles? If I could afford a Blaser, I'd have one with a whole mess of barrels!

The only thing that bothers me on the Savage is that if I convert it for left hand operation, the breach is still (obviously) on the right side, right in front of my face. I do occasionally grow tired of having hot brass and powder shoot across my sight line.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clayman:
I like this. For that matter, I like the Blaser. What's the beef with straight pull rifles? If I could afford a Blaser, I'd have one with a whole mess of barrels!

The only thing that bothers me on the Savage is that if I convert it for left hand operation, the breach is still (obviously) on the right side, right in front of my face. I do occasionally grow tired of having hot brass and powder shoot across my sight line.

Cause this website is full of old curmudgeons - half of them think a flip cell phone is the future and the other half keep waiting for the operator to connect their land line phone calls.

Old curmudgeons lost in a world of mausers Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t tough a Savage with a barge pole!

A marriage made in heaven! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66895 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I think of Blaser rifles as firearms in lederhosen.

Blaser makes weird, over-priced contraptions but enough people like them that they sell a surprisingly large quantity. It's good to see a traditional USA company giving them some healthy competition. I just hope Savage puts that head-dressed Indian logo on them.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
I think of Blaser rifles as firearms in lederhosen.

Blaser makes weird, over-priced contraptions but enough people like them that they sell a surprisingly large quantity. It's good to see a traditional USA company giving them some healthy competition. I just hope Savage puts that head-dressed Indian logo on them.
I'll give you the weird and cave a little on the overpriced part, but the innovation and technology are second-to-none.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clayman:I'll give you the weird and cave a little on the overpriced part, but the innovation and technology are second-to-none.
Yes, they build things very well. But German's tend to be too heavy on the innovation and technology, even when proven and simple makes more sense. They seem to like to complicate things and incorporate as many moving parts as possible just because they can.

Consider the VW Eos. They can claim it is the only convertible in the world with a convertable hard top and a separate electric sunroof. In other words, it's so innovative and high tech, and fills such an absolutely needed void in the market, that nobody else makes anything like it. rotflmo

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

Cause this website is full of old curmudgeons - half of them think a flip cell phone is the future and the other half keep waiting for the operator to connect their land line phone calls.

Mike

Curmudgeons, you say that like it's a bad thing lol

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4725 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuck375:
quote:
quote:

Mike

Curmudgeons, you say that like it's a bad thing lol

Yup infinite free pearls Of wisdom from the curmudgeons Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Mike

A few individuals on this website have forgotten more knowledge about rifles than Blaser engineers have ever learnt! clap

The way I look at Blaser lovers is the same I look at celebrities covered in tattoos!

All for show and nothing inside! jumping

Posts: 66895 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
quote:

Mike

A few individuals on this website have forgotten more knowledge about rifles than Blaser engineers have ever learnt! clap

The way I look at Blaser lovers is the same I look at celebrities covered in tattoos!

All for show and nothing inside! jumping

Why you have a secret collection of blasers Big Grin

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I actually do.

All given to me in exchange for proper rifles clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I actually do.

All given to me in exchange for proper rifles clap

World’s best rifle platform tu2

I know you love your secret blaser collection Big Grin

Mike