Find
Notify
Tools

i am dummkopf
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of tdoyka
posted
i finally got around to shooting my husky m46 in 9.3x57 with the 2-7x leopold. i was using the 280gr fn gc (bull shop) and imr4895. the middle target was for sighting it in. the bottom left target is around 1 1/4 - 1 3/8" (outside edge - outside edge) at 100 yards(5 shots/benched). now all i need is dummkopf to write the charge of powder in!!! the only saving grace is the powder charge is minimal, 37 - 38gr of imr4895.

i think i am getting old. i used to able to know what powder charge goes into what cartridge. now i have to look it up. you know if you go to kitchen to fill up your coffee cup and go to table to sit down. well not me, i have to get back up and bring the refilled coffee cup to the table. dummkopf is usually my nice word to describe myself. i won't tell you the bad word(s) to describe myself.

target and the husqvarna m46 in 9.3x57

“All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle.”
― Nikola Tesla

Posts: 99 | Location: United States windber, pa | Registered: 16 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
quote:

Can't be too much of a Dummkopf. You have a fine old Mauser, a wide waist-ed cast bullet and are shooting fine groups. We all have to write it down and look it up. Carry on.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, you are supposed to look it up. Memory can dim from time to time.

Posts: 1067 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Fine shooting and a very nice rifle. I find myself forgetting a lot of reloading details, too. I double-check myself these days.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
from the title of this post i expected it to be from biebs coffee

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana_500
posted Hide Post
Nice. I love the 9.3s. The 9.3 x 57 is about the only non-rimmed 9.3 I dont own.

What scope rings are those?

Posts: 425 | Location: Australia | Registered: 03 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle and great caliber. You’re off to a good start. Maybe you need to start a logbook for your loads. Otherwise you may find yourself repeating bad loads, plus you can track good loads.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Why do you measure your groups outside edge to outside edge?
To obtain comparison of grouping from caliber to caliber it should be center to center, or to aid in measurement outside edge to inside edge which is center to center.

Outside edge to outside edge enlarges groups as the caliber size increases so a 223" caliber group measures smaller than a 458" caliber group even though they are both the same center to center.

You probably know this anyway Wink

Posts: 3847 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outside to outside and subtract the bullet diameter.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:

That is who we have always done it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66911 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:

That is who we have always done it.

Same for me.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I know the feeling.

I have some targets I have kept with pretty decent groups and do NOT even know what I used to produce them, let alone lone data.

Aren't groups always outside to outside!
Isn't that the area described by the projie impacts.
Growing up they were always outside to outside, but somewhere in time the change to reduce it by one-half a projie diameter came out. I think it helped reach that "magic" 1" group everyone sought, but now, many off the shelf guns will do that!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote