Find
Notify
Tools

Blaser Question?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of RAR60
posted
I have a friend who's father died and has a Blaser Lexus with gold inlay? and 2 barrels 300WM and 375H&H with Swarovski 1.5-6 42 Hibicht. I was used very little on 375 and probably none on 300WM. What would this setup generally be worth? I've always thought I wanted one but were out of reach for me. I think I can buy at good price.

Zim 2006
Zim 2007
Namibia 2013
Brown Bear Togiak Nat'l Refuge Sep 2010
Argentina 2019
RSA 2023
SCI Life Member
USMC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it an R8 or R93?

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RAR60
posted Hide Post
Excuse me, that would be important. It's a R93

Zim 2006
Zim 2007
Namibia 2013
Argentina 2019
RSA 2023
SCI Life Member
USMC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not know if this is comparable, but in Europe this is worth (used) about 3k€ for the rifle and 900€ for a magnum barrel.

Posts: 71 | Location: France close to Paris | Registered: 26 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FYI: even if the R8 is imo better, it seems that the R93´s stop of production causes a prices increase of the R93...

Posts: 71 | Location: France close to Paris | Registered: 26 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At least in France it seems. I know of one dealer who exported a lot of the final R93 from Germany to France. Some hunters prefer the lighter R93 but I would go for the more robust R8 anytime and would not touch a R93.

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RAR60
posted Hide Post
I talked to Blaser US and they told me that even though the R93 production has stopped, what they have new left in inventory the prices would be the same as R8. The base and rings on both barrels would sell for 400.00 US each. The extra barrel whether R8 or R93 would sell for the same money. I also talked to Swarovski and they told me the scope even though they do not make anymore is worth between 1,000- 1,500 US. Having said all that, this rifle is in very good condition so you would have to discount. What would that factor be? Depends on who wants it. Thank you for comments.

Zim 2006
Zim 2007
Namibia 2013
Argentina 2019
RSA 2023
SCI Life Member
USMC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Even though Swarovski says the scope is worth 1000-1500, one would be hard pressed to get that for one. I have seen them get around 600-800$ on forums and eBay. I have several and they are great scopes if you decided to get the setup.

Go to BlaserBuds.com. They usually have some for sale in the classifieds and you can reference some prices. The Blaser mounts may retail for 400$, but can be found for 300# on BlaserBuds depending on if they are quick release, old style, new style, etc.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I fully agree Jeagerfrank, that’s why I have sold my R93 seven years ago for buying the R8 which provides significant and efficient improvements even if some friends use the R93 without problems...

one of us
posted Hide Post
RAR60. Why do you want the Blaser? if you really want one then follow the advice above and you will have one of the best engineered and most accurate rifles out there. I have an R93 with 3 barrels: 300WM, 7mm RM and 375H&H (plus case). Now, if you want one because you think you can get a good deal and make some money when you sell it, be aware that the Blaser market is quite a small, select one, with knowledgeable buyers.
Looks like you've done quite a bit of hunting, but, for me, I would not take a rifle with gold inlay out hunting! I have never bought a firearm because it was a good investment. I have always bought one because I wanted it, and, I have always made money when I sold it. How can you you beat a beautiful, well engineered, accurate rifle?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RAR60
posted Hide Post
As I said in my original post. I called a gun shop where I used to live and was inquiring about a rifle that just came out to see if available in left hand. The son of the shop of which I have dealt with for many years told me the rifle was not available in left hand. He mentioned, that his dad had died this spring,of which I knew well and that I ought to consider the R93 mentioned above. His dad was left handed and I was humbled that he asked if I would be interested? He mentioned a price and not being a "Blaser Guy" it sounded real reasonable. Thus my original post. I have always been intrigued by the barrel interchangeability. Also, I have always wanted an upper end rifle so that started my dive into this. As far as using in the field, I personally several years ago went exclusively to synthetic and stainless in both rifles and shotguns because
of some of the environments I have and do get into. I have done two pack-in Elk hunts this year and more hunts on the slate. I also want to say that I wouldn't buy this rifle to look at, I will use it in the field that is the main reason I buy a rifle/shotgun/handgun is to use.
I will also say that being what it is, that will play into when I use and not. On Blaser's website they state that their niche is the hunting market not the wall/safe market. If that is what someone chooses to do with their Blaser etc. so be it, I won't.
I do appreciate everyone's feedback but I didn't get any approximate values.

Zim 2006
Zim 2007
Namibia 2013
Argentina 2019
RSA 2023
SCI Life Member
USMC

One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
A real good price would be 3k, and it would probably fetch about 4k given enough time and the right person. I don't think anyone would pay over 4k, though I suppose it would not be unheard of.

If I have the facts right, this would be for one complete R93 300WM Scoped, and an extra barrel in 375.

If you pay less than 3k you got an excellent deal.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Getting one at a great price then get the r93.

I got 2 r-8. Probably get another one as a guest rifle.

The blaser platform is exception. The scope mounting system is amazing.

I will probably only buy blasers as serious hunting and shooting rifles and other rifles will be fun guns - ruger number 1 etc.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I have bought the last two R8's I bought for about $1000 for the stock professional model
$600 for the bolt
$750 for the barrels

If you can get $3000 for the pair to an individual or to Cabelas you did well.

Holding out for $4000 or more will take a long time.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote