THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SPEAR HUNTING AND FISHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Spear Hunting & Fishing    2 million dollor payout fishing tournament

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2 million dollor payout fishing tournament
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted
Check out below link. The Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament.

http://www.thebigrock.com/participants

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting

I fished a tagging tournament in Panama - no cash prize or anything beyond some sponsored fishing stuff.

I was told by some very experienced fishing guys there that these high dollar price tournments have lie detector requirements. Is that true ?

Thanks

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Yes that is true. Two people on the boat have to pass a lie detector. I had to take one years ago for this same tournament. Everything has to be recorded on gopro type camera for the release division. A guy I know yester day won 433K for the first Marlin brought to the docks over 500 pounds. He is in first place to win another $600K but that size fish will not hold throughout the week. Heading back out now, lines in at 9:00. Todays technology allows you to keep up with everything.

Captain Clark Purvis

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Purvis:
Yes that is true. Two people on the boat have to pass a lie detector. I had to take one years ago for this same tournament. Everything has to be recorded on gopro type camera for the release division. A guy I know yester day won 433K for the first Marlin brought to the docks over 500 pounds. He is in first place to win another $600K but that size fish will not hold throughout the week. Heading back out now, lines in at 9:00. Todays technology allows you to keep up with everything.

Good luck.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Familiar with WMO and fished it in the past. Lot of the boats here this week will fish that tournament as well as Pirates Cove.

Captain Clark Purvis