New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Trump messing with my fishing
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Im wondering what that wall will do to fishing in the Rio Grande. I been fishing in the Rio Grande for years in the Big Bend of Texas, on the map on Fox News it looked like the wall was on this side of the water..The border is the middle of the River so has anyond in Washington even considered that, probably not..and thousands of Texans are going to go bonkers, but of course it will probably be too late! homer

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41814 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brush_buster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Im wondering what that wall will do to fishing in the Rio Grande. I been fishing in the Rio Grande for years in the Big Bend of Texas, on the map on Fox News it looked like the wall was on this side of the water..The border is the middle of the River so has anyond in Washington even considered that, probably not..and thousands of Texans are going to go bonkers, but of course it will probably be too late! homer

Said the wall with have doors. You can still get to your honey holes.

Posts: 710 | Location: Texas | Registered: 03 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If doors aren't in the contract, I'm sure some enterprising Mexicans will retrofit soon enough. Probably charge gringos a fee so they can pay off the wall in a year or two...

One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
I am doubtful that anything "impenetrable, physical, tall, powerful, and beautiful" will ever be built. You time would be better spent worrying about other things.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It has actually gotten dangerous to fish in the Big Bend area, They are stealing gear from the camps including guns and then they sit on the other side and holler insults at folks, even shoot their stolen guns at them..I grew up there and never had any kind of problems, I still know many of the Mexicans that live in boquillas, Santa Elena etc, but its a changing world..

I saw on Fox News that the wall will not include the Big Bend as the terrain itself is a wall...That's just BS, My whole life was spent there and Ive seen many burro pack trains of Sotol being smuggled years past, The Mexican come into the park itself and poach deer to sell in the markets in Mexico..Smuggling, Drugs have replaced stool and traffic is business as usua.

Somebody needs to talk to the local ranchers as opposed to fly overs and driving the road up and down this side of the Rio..I doubt that you could build a fence. Even the Fox reporters who have visited there are talking BS..I wish they would hire me to take them on a tour..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41814 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote