New
Find
Notify
Tools

CABO SAN LUCAS??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just wanting to scratch a fishing itch for Dorado and Sailfish. Just wondering if any of you veteran fisherman can give some healthy advise on who to fish with and if July is worth going?

Thanks in advance!!

Posts: 621 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Going July 1; I use Fisherman's Fleet out of LaPaz. David Jones will pick you up in Cabo and bring to LaPaz. PM me if you want to call and chat.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I fished with Pisces two different years there and did very well...
Redrum is also popular.
Look at the fishing calendars...Pisces, for example logs and charts each species and amount of each their fleet catches every day and month. That will give you a very good idea.

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
July is usually a very good month for fishing but sometimes it's stormy and rainy.

I like to go to the East Cape [Los Barriles and Buena Vista] We have been is this area several summers and it's GREAT!

Regards, Keith

Posts: 208 | Location: S.W. Wyoming | Registered: 31 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have fished the eastern cape with van wormer's resorts in Mid August. Caught more tuna/ sailfish than you can shale a stick at. Boats were not as nice as ones I have been on in FL or Costa Rica, but they did just fine. No fish finders needed. Captains just found the porpoises jumping feeding on sardines, and Tuna were there. I believe they are $500 for the boat per day.

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've fished with pisces 4 times and caught billfish every time. Great outfit, pretty competive on their pricing, and make sure you are satisfied. I've fished with other boats a couple times, and even though we caught fish, it wasn't as organized.