Notify
Tools

Hunting Crocodiles with a spear
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFE-ZNf42i0

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7963 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I loved watching this little series! That’s exactly how it is! The guys are hilarious adventurers, skilled bush mechanics and incredible bushmen.

The true stories of life and adventure in the bush are absolutely incredible.

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Dang. They can hunt them on their territory?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16276 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely, Bill! And it tastes good, too!

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
They can hunt anything Bill. Even dugong and turtles using traditional methods such as aluminium boats and outboard motors rotflmo Wink

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7963 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Eeker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Pa who grew up in Northern Rhodesia tells of croc hunting trips of the Kafua from his Godfathers flaoting camp built on the floats of old Sunderland Flying boats. Mostly they used 303s, but they did sometimes fish for them. A big hook with a large hunk of meat - from a dead croc or a goat hindleg attached to a steel cable - other end attached to a tree.

Leave it on a mudbank - following morning cable would be tight - only way of movng the croc would me to hit the cable with a stick - croc would charge out the water. Challenge was catching it .... Pa hasn't ever told if they actually managed to bag a croc this way.

Posts: 977 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Kinda on + off the subject. Many years ago we had a flood in South East Texas that flooded the State park in Aransas Pass that what with the rising tides allowed alligators to come over the levee + get into areas where P+W did'nt want them.We were allowed to bow hunt the crocs.Only caveat was that if we saw a diamondback rattler (crotalus horridus) we could not shoot it as it was considered endangered. I thought at the time that if I saw one he damn sure would be endangered.Once again,our government plying their 'trade'.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some books that feature the hunting of crocodiles with spears are Buffaloes! by Carl Warburton and several books by Ion Idriess, both Gallipoli veterans - in fact, Idriess did a tiny bit of spotting for Billy Sing, the famous sniper.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
No recent posts. Phooey. Need fresh reports.

Cool hilbily

– John Green, author

Posts: 16276 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Rats. Still no updates.

– John Green, author