Find
Notify
Tools

Gaiters for a 25 inch calf?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I have cankles for calves, and for some reason God blessed me with calves that are huge.

I ordered a pair of Outdoor Research gaiters in XL and they don't fit.

Does anyone know of a gaiter that will work? I am thinking of taking a pair of Schoeller fabric mountain pants I own and cutting them down and building them into gaiters. Wife has a sewing machine.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Gaiters are a pain to put on and take off, so I've sewn synthetic canvas-like material into the bottom half of the legs in my best hunting pants. This may not solve all problems but with the seasons warming, my main concerns are snakes, heat and getting out early. I even take this material higher than gaiters would go, to add snake protection.

To get me out to a hide early enough, I've even bought some tradesman's zip-up boots - so I don't have to come back and change before stalking later in the morning. Time will tell if they can replace the Meindls and Courteneys for long walks.

Posts: 4942 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I brought some British military surplus from the sportsmansguide great gaiters.

But I don't think they well fit you.

Good Gaiters really save you in snow country.

One might have to go the custom route to get a pair that fits you.

The design is not hard find a good seamstress take her a design you like and have her make a pair.

Posts: 19356 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contact WILL on this site. He can get gaiters made at reasonable cost that should work.

Posts: 177 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 August 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I finally found that Outdoor Research made them in XXL size. A quick phone call and the company rep claimed they would fit.

Option one is on it's way.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote